cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Outlook 365

steve108
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hello All

I am trying to add my talktalk email account to outlook 365. I put my talktalk email address in, it adds all the setting for incoming and outgoing, automatically, it then asks for my imap password, i presume this is the password i use to log in to talk talk webmail, but when i add it says no. Any ideas

Thanks

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Alway good to know you're back in action.

I appreciate your time to let me know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

steve108
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hi

Sorry didn't know i had signed out. I tried the old turn it off / on and it seems to have done something, as i used the same password i thought it was and had refused earlier on and this time it worked. ?? Thanks 

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

I see you signed out of Community without responding. So, I'll assume my answer provided the solution.

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Yes the IMAP password is the same as the Password you use with TalkTalk Mail webmail. Check you can sign in to webmail by entering the password manually just to make sure you get signed in. Then you know for sure you have remembered the correct password. 

Tip the password strength must be a minimum of 8 characters but I recommend 12 - 15 multicase letters, at least one number and a symbol. Webmail might not reject a weak password but the mail servers that connect via IMAP will check the password.

Outlook 365 supports secure mail and to update go via the Advanced setup settings of an email profile, as in this example for Windows 10 / 11.

• Select the  Windows icon bottom left
  • Select the  Settings cog icon
  • Select Accounts
  • Select  Email & Accounts and for a first time setup select Add Account and enter the settings in the table
  • Or select the email account
  • Select Change account or double click on the email account

At that point on your device you ought to see the Outlook setup to enter the TalkTalk Mail server settings: NB All talktalk domains use the exact same IMAP secure settings.

Supported Outlook 365 settings for IMAP email accounts are:

Account Type  IMAP secure
Username Full TalkTalk email address
Password TalkTalk email password
Incoming mail server mail.talktalk.net
Incoming Port (IMAP) 993
Incoming Connection Security SSL/TLS
Outgoing mail server smtp.talktalk.net
Outgoing Port 587
Outgoing Connection Security STARTTLS
My Outgoing Server Requires Authentication Yes
Authentication Method Normal Password (Not SPA)

For a definitive check of settings take screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Camera icon (desktop browser) or Picture icon (mobile browser) above this reply area.

0 Likes