cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

google calendar share with a gmail user due to DMARC policy??

Scimitargtc1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

need to share my google calenadar with my son - its signed on via my Talktalk email address in my google account, he only uses gmail and sharing request returns a no can do response due to DMARC policy???

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

Hi Scimitargtc1 

You appear to have signed out of Community this fine Saturday afternoon without responding to let us know that you've successfully shared your Google calendar. We'd like to close this topic or provide more focussed help if you need it.

I appreciate your time to let me know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

The error message suggests that the correct sharing procedure has not been followed. I might be wrong but I've just shared a Google Calendar and that works exactly as expected so your son may be trying something different. I'll just outline the steps.

The process for sharing a Google calendar is given here: Sharing a Google Calendar.

• The person wanting to share signs in to Google and sets up the calendar sharing by giving the other person's email address
  • The other person signs in to their Google account and selects the Add this calendar link in the email from Google titled 'Google name has shared a calendar with you'
  • Your calendar is then visible to the other person in their Google calendar list

Question is, when does the error message about the DMARC policy happen. That message is often a bounceback from GMail when an inbound email message is not fully authenticated. Gmail will bounce unauthenticated email as spam. So, if you are using a Google calendar then the best thing is to sign in to your Google account using a Gmail address then there isn't any conflict with authentication.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

This doesn't seem to be a TalkTalk system error or one that TalkTalk can fix.

I suggest you search the Google help pages ( or Google search) to resolve this.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes