cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Parkrun emails not being received (again)

daveyboy
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 7

Hi,

Since the turn of the year, I have not been receiving my Parkrun result and volunteer emails. I have been in touch with Parkrun and they have told me that, when they last attempted to send to my email address (3rd Jan 2023 18:06pm) , they got the following response:

daveyboy_0-1675685318346.png

As a result, they stopped sending to this email address.

Can you please investigate why their email was bounced and prevent this from happening in the future.

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Thanks, posted here.

Message 2 of 7

Please start a new topic, @parkrun_Ian.

Staff usually only respond to the original poster. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 3 of 7

Hey Ady,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread.

I'm Tech Lead at parkrun and this issue seems to be affecting an increasing number of our participants.

In each case, your servers are responding with:

smtp; 550 5.1.1 XXXXXXXXXXXXXX Recipient Undeliverable (TT512)

(where XXXXXXXXXXXXXX is a string of letters and numbers - seems to be unique each time)

Our outgoing mail service for these types of emails (AWS SES) regards this as a Permanent bounce so adds the address to a suppression list.

Can you please advice the best way to resolve?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi Dave, I've checked and there's nothing blocked in the last 7 days.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 5 of 7

Hi Gondola,

Yes, they have removed the block but I won't know if it gets bounced again until later this week when the next round of emails get sent out. I will, of course, post here when I know.

Thanks

Dave

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Ady will look to see if there's a reason the mailbox wasn't available for delivery. 3rd Jan is outside of the 7 day window for checking the inbound server logs for deferral or blocking of the address so he'll need a much more recent attempt at delivery.

Have Parkrun removed the stop on sending so that you're now receiving their mail messages once more?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution