cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Re: Mail iPhone app help!

JAnderson1975
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

I received e-mail about using unsecured settings

Absolutely double-checked all settings on iPhone

Absolutely double-checked all settings on mac.

That's Preferences, Server settings, host name, port number 993, use TLS/SSL incoming

host name, port number 587, use TLS/SSL authenticaton password ALL done.

I did this months ago when I had the first email from Talktalk but just received an email yesterday saying I'm still using unencrypted email settings? Now I have no access to any email unless I use webmail.

I've gone through the help on the forums and followed all the steps but still can't get any access on either my macbook or iphone. I don't use my windows laptop mail but I can assume that's locked too now.

Is there anyway once you've followed the steps and can't find anything wrong that you can get access to email again?

Jeremy Anderson
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi JAnderson1975, I've added your mailbox to the list of those to be restored to service.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

JAnderson1975
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 8

Thanks for doing everything you’re doing. Really appreciate it.

I’ll change password and hit the sack. It’s getting late. 

maybe this will get resolved next week. Fingers crossed 

thanks again

Jeremy Anderson

Message 3 of 8

Hi JAnderson1975 

I've moved the three images to your hidden folder and removed two from the published post to preserve your personal data.

The good news is that both devices are set up perfectly for secure mail so neither would trigger the withdrawal of the IMAP connection to your mailbox when full access is restored next week.

If you cannot identify any other authorised device or software connecting to your mailbox then I would definitely change and upgrade the password just to lock out all and any rogues.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

JAnderson1975
Chatterbox
Private Message
Private Message

Message 4 of 8

ED39E731-962E-4B88-8B8E-3FC101C0CD7F.png

Moderator note:  2 images moderated.

 these are my settings on iphone and MacBook. Please let me know if I need any changes to settings 

i checked the windows mail and the last TalkTalk mail access was 2020 under an old password. It’s definitely not the windows mail

Jeremy Anderson
0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

The iPhone supports secure mail.

The Mac just scrapes in with support for secure mail.

Windows Mail on Windows 11 supports secure mail.

So, which one was recently using insecure settings that appeared on the TalkTalk connection logs?  If the Windows computer was switched on it may have automatically connected?

I'll provide guides for all three types of device but you're already using the expected secure settings as you'd carefully outlined those in your first post. 

If you cannot identify any other possible device or additional mail software on an existing device that may be active and that's authorised to access your mailbox then my advice would be to change the mailbox password.  This will lock out any unauthorised, forgotten or rogue connections to the mailbox and if you just change the password for webmail, the iPhone and the Mac mail softwares then you should be all good to go and ready for TalkTalk to restore full access next week.

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Windows PC

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Mac PC using Mac Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on iPhone

Message 6 of 8

What model iPhone and what iOS operating system?

iphone 11 Model MWLT2B/A ios 16.2

What model Mac and what MacOS operating system?

MacBook Pro macOS Mojave ver 10.14.6

What Windows Operating system and what email software and version?

Windows 11 Home, ver 21H2, OS build 22000.1335. Windows MAIL ver 16005.14326.20544.0

The windows connection hasn't been used in a year. iPhone and Macbook are used regularly. There are no active connections to talktalk mail on any other devices

Jeremy Anderson
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

The last resort action by TalkTalk to stop connections to your mailbox other than via webmail that's secure by design means that insecure connections have been detected.  So we need to help you identify those insecure connections.

What model iPhone and what iOS operating system?

What model Mac and what MacOS operating system?

What Windows Operating system and what email software and version?

Any other mail collection service? Works mail? phone? laptop? notebook? desktop? tablet?  All must use secure settings.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile