cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Re: TalkTalk Mail - upgrades planned over the next 3 months

jeanrees0723
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

I should like to know if others have experienced losses associated with the Upgrades which are taking place. 

Yesterday (Bristol area) around 18:30 I sent a carefully composed important email. It completely disappeared. I can find no trace of this in Sent folder, or Drafts. It is as if I never wrote or sent it (to a gmail recipient and two c.c. addresses). I have never had this experience before: absolutely no trace of this text. Enough to question my sanity, but I had asked friend to read through draft to ensure accuracy; so definitely not my imagination.

I know there is some TalkTalk upgrade work going on at present with the email system. Please advise if there is any known reason why this important email should simply disappear. Does it exist somewhere?? Have I been particularly unlucky? is this rare, or happening to other TalkTalk customers?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

Hi Jean

How are you getting on? Have you tested a compose and send of email since you posted to make sure that the mail does get sent. If you compose and send to the same mailbox address then, if using webmail or an IMAP email account, the sent message should appear in the online Sent objects folder and arrive in and stay in the online Inbox.

Let us know if you have need of any help.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Are you using TalkTalk Mail webmail and if so have you looked in the Drafts and Sent objects folders?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

Are you using email software set up as an IMAP email account or a POP3 email account? If IMAP then you ought to find the email in the Outbox which means it hasn't been sent or in webmail's Drafts or Sent objects folder.  If POP3 then the email would be only on the device you were using and either in the Drafts, Outbox or Sent folders.

Let us know what you find.

To the best of my knowledge, no customer mailboxes have yet been migrated to the new OX Cloud 8 platform. You will receive an email notification from TalkTalk when it's time for your mailbox to be migrated. If you have not received that notification then there's been no change to your mailbox. Let us know when you do receive your personalised notification.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes