cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Sending Email only working through webmail

Dremd2
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

I have spent many hours resetting and reinstalling my email on an android phone, Mac, macbook and an ipad. However whatever I try I cannot send mail on any of the devices. They all receive no problem. Most come back with server offline or simply dump messages in to the outbox.....any help would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi David, yes you should be good now that you've reset the password.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi Ady

having changed the password I am now able to send and receive on all devices - so i assume this will now prevent the european activity on my mailbox? Can you confirm that this should be the case please?

Many thanks for your help

David

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

I know that your mailbox is trying to send mail in those countries. You are still able to connect to webmail are you?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Hi Ady

I don't have anyopne that i am aware of or anyone that should be accessing it. Do you know for a fact that the mailbox is compromised? We do have a lot of spurious emails and spam - that might explain it and would this be a reason i cannot send any mail?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi Dremd2, do you have a lot of friends or family who might be using your mailbox overseas? You did say you're in the UK. If you don't have anyone you know accessing your mailbox in France, Hungary, Romania or Spain then you've got a compromised mailbox. I would strongly suggest using the Password Reset Tool to change the password for your mailbox and run antivirus and malware scans on all internet connected devices to ensure that the new password remains secure. 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 6 of 14

Hi Ady

yes I am still having the same issues - and what's more the success I had (albeit briefly) getting the Mac and Macbook to send messages has now reverted to NOT being able to send.....immensely frustrating. Everything still works fine through webmail but that is not an ideal solution ......

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Are you still having problems?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Yes.

But strangely enough since starting this issue I have managed to connect to and send from the Imac and my Macbook - although it did take al ot of effort and retrying different things - but not to any phone (android or Iphone) or Ipad 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

And you are using a UK IP address to connect to the mail server are you? 

Ady

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

I have tried the email settings as directed  - the usual respjnse when trying to send a message is that the SMTP server failed (or it is Offline). Alternatively in setting up the account details it returns the message unable to verify username and password

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

The only settings to use are those in the Email Settings help article anything else is unsupported and likely to result in mail sending failure. What is the error you get when failing to send?

Ady

0 Likes

Message 12 of 14

Apologies I tried to reply  via my email!

The clue is in the header - webmail sends and receives fine - EVERY device we have the email on refuses to send or accept the settings for outgoing mail - and believe me I have tried SO many different things and settings but to no avail.....

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 13 of 14

Hi Dremd2, are you able to send normally in webmail? 

Ady

0 Likes