cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Sent items suddenly deleted prior to mid Feb 2023

RABski
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I have discovered today to my horror that my sent items have suddenly all deleted for some unknown reason which i have sent prior to  22.2.23. I spent 2.5 hours on the live chat to technical support today and they assure me that I must have deleted them myself as there is nothing they can do to retrieve them. They are not in my trash folder as they would be had I deleted them. Very annoyed as there are many important emails i need to keep a record of. Has anyone else had this problem please? 😫

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Please start your own thread for this, @annepaul.

Return to the message board and click on start a topic.

Also complete your community forum profile details for Talktalk staff to identify your account.

Go via your avatar; settings; Personal Information....SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff will respond after the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

annepaul
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

I can see the sent items but every time i try to read them thy delete themselves

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

What TalkTalk are saying is that TalkTalk do not delete anything from the Sent objects folder that you'll see in TalkTalk Mail webmail.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address and password, select Sign in.

You'll see the standard folders. Folder view

Inbox

Drafts

Sent objects

Spam

Trash

Archive

When sending from webmail or a synchronised IMAP email account on a device then everything you send will be copied into the online Sent objects folder when the device synchronises.

If you happen to use a POP3 account then everything you send will be on the device you send it from in a local Sent folder.  Those sent items will not be copied to the online mailbox.

So, the first thing is to tell us where you were saving those Sent items? Online or on a device local folder? Where do you normally send mail from? What device and is it set up as a POP3 account or IMAP account and if IMAP does the Sent folder synchronise to the online mailbox Sent objects folder?

Have you searched all online folders for inadvertently moved messages? If you see an inward facing arrowhead that means the folder has sub-folders. So select the inward facing arrow to expand and show the sub-folders. Maybe you'll find a folder containing the Sent messages?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution