cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

For Ady at support concerning dropping inward emails from TT mail.

Wedge19
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 2

Ady.

I appreciate your response to my last email which leads me to think

that I had not explained the situation satisfactorily.

I have been with TT for over 20 years and it is only recently that I realised TT were deleting emails after a short period of time.

Previously there was an option for allowing emails to either be removed from the TT web mail inbox when read or deleted OR to retain emails until they were physically deleted by the customer. This provided a super backup in the case of lost emails which suddenly become important. There may have been a limit by date imposed but if so it was for a much longer period or a considerable number of items. I was certainly able to look up emails of 2 years and more.

Is this still available? I cannot recall receiving notification to the contrary.

I hope this reaches you since I was unable to simply answer you latest reply.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 2

Hi Wedge19, I don't believe that I misunderstood. Our webmail is an IMAP system. That means that if you don't delete an email it remains on our servers until you choose to delete it. If you move it to trash as many people used to do to store mail it is emptied every 30 days. Wedon't offer mail backup and positively encourage customers to make backups of important mail. 

Pop mail clients do delete the mail  when the mail is opened unless you have chosen the option within settings for the client to leave a copy on the server. 

Your description is of a 3rd party mail client set originally to leave a copy on the server, but where that setting has been changed. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.