cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Emails sent from one of my TalkTalk accounts are not received

Fingers
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

One of my email accounts is receiving emails OK but sent emails do not reach the recipients and no error messages are received.

It doesn't make any difference if they are sent from PC, Laptop or mobile phone, which were all set up for this email account and used to work OK.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Once your email address has harvested and is being spoofed there's not much you can do to stop mail being sent spoofing your address. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Fingers
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Hi Ady,
The emails that were not being delivered seem to be working again now, so has the block been removed?
The various spam emails being received recently fall into 3 categories:
1. <unknown sender> <random name>@<random address>
2. <my name> <random name>@<random address>
3. <my name> <my name>@talktalk.net
The third category seems to be the problem as these emails sent to me appeared to be sent from my actual talktalk email address, but were apparently sent spoofed by another party. So when I used this address, sending did not work and there was no indication of them being blocked until I eventually found out that they were not being received.
There are 4 ways of using this email, all of which used to be OK for user name, password and parameters:
Microsoft Outlook on a PC
Microsoft Mail on a Laptop
Samsung Mail on an Android Phone
TalkTalk Webmail
I have now checked and TalkTalk webmail and PC Outlook are working again, so I expect the other two should also now be working, I'll check them soon.
Thanks for your help, I'll keep monitoring the situation; do you have suggestions for avoiding this happening again?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Hi Fingers, the actual sending address that is spoofed as yours will be getting blocked not yours. Are you unable to send when you use TalkTalk Webmail?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Fingers
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Further information: This email account has been receiving some spam emails recently and a few of these appeared to come from my own email address (which they obviously didn't) so the send address must have been spoofed. Is it possible therefore that a block may have been applied to sending from this email address?

0 Likes