cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Problem with emails being returned

Arandora
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Issue - On a few times now I have had messages to the Help Center of the Tripdvisor Thailand forum returned.. The latest message yesterday has been returned with the following message:-

"This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

sfwebform@tripadvisor.com

host smtp.google.com [74.125.24.27]

SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined end of data:

550-5.7.26 Unauthenticated email from talktalk.net is not accepted due to

550-5.7.26 domain's DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of

550-5.7.26 talktalk.net domain if this was a legitimate mail. To learn about

550-5.7.26 the DMARC initiative, go to

550 5.7.26  https://support.google.com/mail/?p=DmarcRejection 41be03b00d2f7-7a9f621ca6fsi5681596a12.22 - gsmtp "

I don't understand the reference to TripAdvisors DMARC policy. This is the only returned mail I have received and the sfwebform,,, email concerned is generated automatically by the TA Help Center system. I am logged into the TA forum and the Help Center with my @talktalk.net Email address.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

You're welcome. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Arandora
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

I hope so. There has been no repeat since. Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 8

Its possible that the mail client just failed to authenticate on this occasion.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Arandora
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

I don't use webmail I use Outlook 365 desktop and other than this issue I have had no problems sending or replying to the same address but I have sent an Email to TripAdvisor from webmail using the same address without any issue so far. Do you think this is likely to be an isolated case?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 8

If you go to webmail and send a new mail to the tripadvisor address what happens?

Ady

0 Likes

Arandora
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

Why would these particular emails out of many sent not be authenticated by TalkTalk?

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 8

Hi Arandora, that suggests that the sender of the mail I.E. you hasn't been authenticated by TalkTalk before sending. We do conform to DMARC so that itself shouldn't be a problem.

Ady