cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Server error: Too Many Recipients (TT502)'

BethBE
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hi, is anyone else newly signed up to a FTTP provider having problems sending talktalk/ tiscali emails?

We signed up with trooli and went live a couple of weeks ago, and my outgoing emails started to be rejected (Win 10 / Outlook ) with

"Server error: '453 4.1.1 d5VPp5o2EuwYY Too Many Recipients (TT502)'

I have changed passwords, reset the router several times. Laptop security is all up to date, fully scanned and no issues.

From other posts I gather that it is likely that some sort of filter is blocking outgoing emails ( after a handful sent) because of where my emails are coming from - trooli.

It blocks everything outgoing for a day or so then it works again. I send no more than a dozen recipients probably in a day, both from the laptop/ trooli and webmail on my android phone on trooli or data. We are keeping  the talktalk contract running till expiry to keep the landline and email addresses active but their router is disconnected now.

Help - what can i do? Trooli refer me back to talktalk who just take forever to do irrelevant checks and reset password and router.

All thoughts welcome, thank you.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

That's a good plan. If you had a mailbox connection via Trooli broadband and another mailbox connection via Lyca Mobile data that may have triggered the spam protection mail sending lower limit.

It just depends on how the TalkTalk Mail platform sees those connections. If there's a significant geographic separation detected between the IP address for Trooli broadband and the IP address for Lyca Mobile then an alert may be triggered.

Let's hope it's not the worst case of an unauthorised sign in. In which case you definitely need to change and upgrade the email password.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

BethBE
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

OK thanks. I have a cheapie SIM from Lycamobile so that may be it. I have reset everything several times so maybe I'll just try not using data for a bit and see what happens.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

The TT502 error means that there's a stop on sending because the number of email recipients sent from your mailbox has exceeded the expected residential email usage.

If you're only sending to a few individual recipients then it's likely that your email usage has been rate limited or a lower limit put on sending mail messages as a spam protection measure.

A lower limit can happen if the TalkTalk Mail system believes the IP address you're sending from is a high spam risk. This would be the case with sending via some overseas networks, sending via a VPN that has an overseas host server, sending from an IP address that's registered as an overseas network address, sending from an IP address that's listed as sending spam in the past, or having multiple concurrent connections to your mailbox from different 'locations'. This last one could be that you have one connection via Trooli brodband and the other via mobile data and if those access points are geographically separated and maybe made worse by use of a VPN either standalone or as part of Internet security then that could trigger spam protection limiting. The worst case scenario is your mailbox password has been compromised and there's an unauthorised sign in using your mailbox to send spam.

The troubleshooting is this:

• Sign out of all instances of your mailbox - desktop / laptop / mobile / mail collection service etc.
  • Disable any VPN for now and make sure you know how to select a UK host server if using a VPN. And if using a VPN don't have multiple connections to the mailbox just the one connection via a UK hosted VPN server
  • Change and upgrade the mailbox password to ensure no unauthorised devices can connect
  • Wait 24 hours for limiting to be relaxed
  • Sign in to TalkTalk Mail webmail - check there are no Filter rules defined - use TalkTalk Mail webmail only for a while to check that you have a normal sending ability that's not unduly limited.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes