cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Some emails not arriving

Musicalltheway
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

Since 14th November 2023 I have not been receiving my weekly yoga emails containing the zoom link. At around the same time I realised I was not receiving emails from my dog agility group - these are every 5 weeks but with others at different times to confirm or cancel classes.

I have checked these 2 addresses are in my contacts list and we did successful test emails over Christmas.  But yesterday, neither came through -is this because the whole group was included rather than just me? My son has checked filters but can see no reason for this. I receive my other group emails with no problems.

I'm not good with computers so am worried I won't be able to understand what to do, so idiot-proof guidance would be most welcome please.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Good point.

If you resume getting the mail messages from your groups then no problem. You may need to check your Spam folder just in case the mail messages are directed there. If you're not receiving mail messages from your groups then you ask the administrator of each group to check that your email address is not on a suppression list. 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 10

Thanks for this.

When you say, ask the to clear my email from the suppression list, do you mean talk talk or my email senders? And if you mean talktalk, how do I ask them? Do I need to phone them?

Sorry if this seems a stupid question but just think of me as really old!!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

The hard block of icloud was precisely because the icloud mail senders were allowing phishing and spam mails to be sent to TalkTalk recipients. Worth checking all incoming mail carefully before clicking on any content. 

If you're not receiving the wanted mail messages from your groups then it'll be because they'll have stopped sending. Just ask them to clear your email address from the suppression list and you'll then be able to resume receiving their mail messages.

Message 4 of 10

Many thanks for this. I won't know until tomorrow if my emails are getting through,  but I certainly received one, pretending to be from talktalk, but was an icloud address.

Message 5 of 10

I've had confirmation that the increased anti phishing filters have been relaxed and you should now be getting mails from Icloud mail senders. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 6 of 10

Hi Musicalltheway, I've run a 7 day check on the email address you're registered on the community with. It shows no blocks. If you add the sender email addresses that you're not receiving from the Private Notes on your community profile I'll run 7 day scans on those too. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 7 of 10

You've answered perfectly and thanks for the information. In return I can advise that icloud.com is one of the Apple Mail domains along with me.com.  Both icloud.com and me.com use the same mail servers and authentication and TalkTalk Mail users report that me.com messages are being received but icloud.com messages are being bounced by TalkTalk's spam protection process that's giving a TT992 bounceback delivery fail error.

So, I've asked TalkTalk Support to check the network blocking for the reason to block icloud.com. Perhaps, there's just too much spam incoming from icloud.com to TalkTalk Mail users. We'll see what the answer is tomorrow. I hope that the total block can be relaxed so that genuine mail from your Yoga and Dog Agility groups can be delivered.

Musicalltheway
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

No idea how to work this but the answer to Gondola is they're both @icloud.com

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

What email domains are used for the:

• Yoga group sending email address?
  • Dog Agility group sending email address?

The domain is just the part of the sending email address after the @ symbol.  For example the primary TalkTalk Mail domain is talktalk.net.