cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Spam emails

Leej5
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Hello,

I have suddenly stopped getting emails from a particular email address, i think at some point i have inadvertently marked them as spam some time last week. However, they are not appearing in my spam folder, which always remains empty. Is there a way of seeing what email addresses are "blocked" or marked as spam, and how can i correct my error?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

The most common issue is that the organisation's mail sender has suppressed sending to your TalkTalk email address. Have you asked them to have their email admins check the mail sender's suppression list?

Your email address will get added to a suppression list when the mail sender has difficulty in delivering your mail messages. For example, TalkTalk Mail responds to your request to reject mail that you've marked as spam. So their mail is bounced back and no further attempts are made to deliver mail.

Let us know what happens.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thankyou for your reply Gondola,

Just a further take on this. I am not receiving emails from a specific organisation and they are not going into spam / junk / trash they are appearing in none of my talktalk folders.  It is as thought emails from said address have been "blocked" is this possible? and if so is there any way of unblocking or viewing what email addresses are blocked.

I have proved a point with this because as a temporary measure i changed the email address with said organisation and emails arrived, no issue,  i then reverted to my talktalk email address, which i use for business purposes and the emails are still not filtering through. 

I have looked in settings and E mail and E mail filter rules and there are no rules defined, so i am at a loss as to what the issue is.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Leej5

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Hi Leej5 

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

In your online mailbox if you have selected Mark as spam from the toolbar. The TalkTalk filtering system will be notified of your choice and the email itself will be moved to the Spam folder where it will stay for 30 days before system deletion. This therefore allows a month in which to select the email and select Not spam from the toolbar. The TalkTalk filtering system will be notified of your choice and the email itself will be moved back to the Inbox.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution