cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Summary Entries For E-mails Have Expanded Horizontally Overnight In My Webmail

Tobermory
Chat Champion
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I open the Webmail page this morning (Thursday) and the vertical size of the entries in the Inbox section has more than doubled.

There are now 5 lines from the Body section displayed under the Title. So I can only see one and a fraction entries in the displayed section of the summary list. With summary now being a misnomer.

Guessing this is a configuration / preferences issue. So I would be grateful if someone can tell me how to change the settings back to the situation I had before. Because at the moment what was a poor, browser hostile GUI has become unusable for me.

Just to compound my annoyance. When I tried to Login to this forum a Verification Code was sent to my now useless TT e-mail Inbox. - I was already convinced that TT services are badly managed without this.

4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Heathermw 

Michelle-TalkTalk would like your feedback when you have tried the recommended fix.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Heathermw
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

I have the same problem and would like to return to the previous webmail inbox preview. Did anyone try the suggested fix?

0 Likes

Message 3 of 5

Morning,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Tobermory 

Untick Show text preview in the Mail settings options.  That will omit the preview so will give you more emails listed in the List view.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header (desktop browser)
  • Select All settings
  • Select Mail and scroll down to Message list
  • Untick Show text preview

• Mobile browser? - select the triple line menu icon first then the cog icon for Settings
  • Select Mail and then the Reading panel
  • Untick Show text preview

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution