cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TalkTalk Mail Plus Account problem

Geoff18
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

Our problem is that we applied for Mail plus and went for the annual fee of £50 by direct debit, which was accepted, giving us an account number, but no money has been taken

We expected to be able to log on using our email address, but can’t as ‘unknown’, so tried to register, but ‘technical error’

Multiple attempts to ensure our email addresses were safe, but no success.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Have you removed the account from your mail app then reinstalled it with the new password?

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13

Hi Geoff18, thanks for replying to my message. I've sent the request over to have the Password Reset Tool updated for you. It will complete within 24 hours and you check when it's been done by intermittently accessing the Password Reset Tool.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 3 of 13

Any luck as yet?  More information required?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Geoff18, I've not seen a reply from you to my personal message.

Ady

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

I recognise the error message but from the old MyAccount system. It's indicating there is no MyAccount registered to that email address. But as the MailPlus subscription won't let you subscribe without a fully verified and validated email address it's indicating to me that you're getting the response that nothing is set up for the email address you're entering.

It may just be that the MyAccount protection system is coming into play because of trying to access from off the TalkTalk network. Or you've got cookie and or tracker blocking active.

As I cannot see the back office set up of the MyAccount and I don't think I can make any headway I'm going to leave this case to Ady to investigate the set up.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

My original post stated that "We expected to be able to log on using our email address, but can’t as ‘unknown’. " 

The exact message is 'Sorry your email is not recognised. Please try re-entering you email. If you haven't registered yet, register now.'

When my Direct Debit was accepted, I don't know whether my email was verified.

Having updated my profile and cleared my browsing history, etc., I'm at a loss

Thanks for your help, and do let me know if there's anything else we can try.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

@Geoff18 wrote:...When try to log on with my email address, comes up with ' Sorry your email address is not recognised'.

Email and password combination not recognised

Here's the error message that I see when I try to sign in to MyAccount with an unrecognised / unregistered email address. It's not the same as your description.

So having verified your subscription email address and its password prior to subscribing for MailPlus the email address has obviously been recognised and verified as valid for the subscription. Just make sure that cookies and cache are cleared on the browser and that no ad-blocker or tracker blocking is active then retry.

0 Likes

Geoff18
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 13

'Do you mean how do you add all your TalkTalk Mail addresses into the one MailPlus MyAccount?'

No, don't seem to have an Account.  When try to log on with my email address, comes up with ' Sorry your email address is not recognised'.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi Geoff18, I've sent you a personal message to obtain more information.

Ady

Message 10 of 13

Do you mean how do you add all your TalkTalk Mail addresses into the one MailPlus MyAccount?

I'll request that for you as it needs TalkTalk Support here (Ady-TalkTalk) to add all, up to 5, of your TalkTalk Mail email addresses so the addresses are linked to the one MailPlus subscription MyAccount. 

Ady will need to know your MailPlus MyAccount number and its email address, verify that you are the registered user for the other email addresses and then he'll add those to the one MyAccount to safeguard them from deletion.

Include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number that would have been linked to the email accounts / former broadband account

Alternative mobile contact number. Full current address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the customer email address and MailPlus account number plus the email addresses to be added to that MailPlus account - and if the home address was different for when you were a former TalkTalk customer or different again at the time the email addresses were created then add those with notes also because TalkTalk will have those on record.

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

If I've misunderstood what you're asking then apologies and please clarify.

Geoff18
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Just had another go, and email address, and personal details accepted without trouble. Direct Debit details sent to my email address also. So how do I link them all together?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

You used the online MailPlus subscription process, yes? Prior to selecting the annual fee you'll have gone through the verification process of checking that one of your TalkTalk email address and its password were accepted for the MailPlus subscription?

That email address and its password, so long as the password hasn't been changed, should be the MailPlus MyAccount login credentials.  The MailPlus MyAccount should get created automatically without any need to register for a customer MyAccount.