cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

TalkTalk Mail Plus Sign Up Problem

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Am only able to access Talktalk email on my mobile phone

Password I believe ascribed to the phone app isn't recognised by Talktalk webmail on my MacBook.

Only option when trying to access MacBook email is to click forgotten password; at which point nothing loads to reset password.

Spoken with customer service who have sent link to sign up to Talktalk mail plus, but this gets timed out on my mobile phone and won't load on my MacBook.

My kitten thinks I'm quite mental; rapidly beginning to agree with him . . help us, please

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Good to know you have a backup option connecting to the Internet.

The browser cache and cookies can get corrupted and if that causes issues viewing websites then it will be necessary to clear the cache and cookies. But you can retain saved logins.

If you were using a standalone VPN then I'm sure you'd know but maybe not if the VPN was part of an Internet Security software package. So that's where I would look first.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 8

@Gondola 

Thanks - light bulb moment : took myself off current provider's wifi and used mobile phone's hotspot 

Necessary Talktalk sites loaded in an instant

Have reset password on MacBook - all functions as I hope it to today
Thanks for assistance yesterday.

My tech is too basic to know if I have VPN's within my system

Emptying cache is not unfamiliar to me (regular resort when Talktalk provided my broadband);but with that comes whole load of added logging on with my annoying sketchy password system - prefer not to undertake those shenanigans just now ;

Thanks & keep well x

Message 3 of 8

Grateful thanks for the added detail.

You're already a subscriber to TalkTalk Mail Plus and so long as the subscription is up to date your mailbox will be active. Which it probably is because you can access on your mobile.

The Forgotten password journey should work and two of the links in my post are to pages in this Community. So the fact that you're experiencing the issue of not able to access a secure connection tells me that your browser is out of date or needs its cache clearing or the time setting on the device is wrong or access is via a VPN hosted overseas or there's software blocking secure sites.

So first check the computer time and make sure that's set to the correct time for the GMT time zone. Check no VPN is active either as standalone software or part of an Internet security package. Update the browser or download the Firefox browser. If still using Chrome do a Chrome reset to reset all settings to default and to unload any extensions that may be affecting how secure pages are loading.

Hopefully now you should be able to use the Forgotten password journey to see if you have password recovery options pre-defined.

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If the email address is still active on the TalkTalk Mail platform and you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

If you don't see or don't recognise any password reset options then we'll need to get TalkTalk to set those up for you. 

0 Likes

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Ok - @Gondola 

Thanks

Apologies, I"ll expand

I am no longer with Talktalk for Broadband services, (have never had TV with Talktalk)

Opted to retain email services (cost £50 p/a / £5 per month)

However from your list of 4 possible links on first reply - only sign into Talktalk mail will open a page

& that page is the one that I can't reset my password with

(rectangular box asking for email address - no problem

& password - which I changed sometime ago and can't remember what I changed it to . . . 
When I click 'forgotten password' I get message saying can't connect to Talktalk owing to not being able to establish secure connection)

Hence am stuck, stuck, stuck with attempting to reset password
Hope you can help - ideally by sending link to email - either walk**n*@talktalk.net (as am able to access emails on my mobile phone so I can reset there . . .) or to alternative email gmail.com email address I also use (which perhaps I can private message to you?)

Many thanks & thanks

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

I'm with the kitten... you're not giving me the information I need to be able to help you and I can't see what you're doing.

0 Likes

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 8

thanks @Gondola 

I've tried opening all links in both Safari & Chrome

Only link i get anywhere at all with is sign in to talktalk email where i am back in same position - unable to reset p/word
Some links do nothing (they are dark grey) other pale blue link is managing webmail mail boxes (or similar;)it doesn't open

Kitten has given up will to live . . I'm not far behind him 🤯 ; )

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Hi @nicky62 

Are you no longer with TalkTalk Broadband?  If your customer MyAccount that is linked to the TalkTalk Mail address has no active services, no broadband or mobile services with TalkTalk, then you should be able to validate the TalkTalk Mail address with its password via the subscribe link below.

About TalkTalk Mail Plus

Subscribe to TalkTalk MailPlus

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

Let us know if the link says the email address is accepted for a MailPlus subscription.

Are you able to sign in to your mailbox by manually entering the email address and password?

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

If you get signed in then select the User icon top right and the menu item Update your reset details to make sure you do have an alternate currently active email address and mobile number to act as password recovery options. Check, update and Save changes.

0 Likes