cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali email

Tasha-tiscali
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 4 of 4

I currently have a tiscali email that I've had forever. I've never had any issues with this service, however, the last few days, I've been unable to send emails (no issues with receiving them) and I'm getting a notification saying that I need to verify credentials? I've gone into settings and everything seems to be in order but I'm still not having any joy with sending emails,  please could you advise me with any suggestions. 

Many thanks 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

You indicated that the incoming mail was working so either there's a fail of the app in presenting the password for authentication or the settings are not as recommended.

Screenshot the incoming and outgoing server settings, image edit to obscure the first part of your email address and upload here using the picture icon above this reply area.

I'll have a look and give you my diagnosis.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Tasha-tiscali
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Yes thanks, it's let me send one through the email address. But it's still not letting me send via my phone, which I rend to use most of the time?

My password is compliant with the security requirements. 

Is there an issue with how my phone settings are set up then?

Thank you 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Perhaps the password is not very secure. Does the password have 8 or more characters with multicase letters, at least one number and a symbol. Those are the minimum requirements.

First try sending from TalkTalk Mail webmail.

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your full TalkTalk Mail tiscali email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.

Select New mail and compose a message and send that to the same mailbox address. i.e. send it to yourself. Does the message send without error, get placed in the Sent folder and arrive in and stay in the Inbox?

Let me know what happens and also if your password is compliant with or exceeds the required security.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes