cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali not working on Android

Judilevi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

2 days ago my Samsung Email client on Android stopped working for my Tiscali email. My husband's Tiscali email also on Samsung continues to work normally. I have tried changing to recommended settings and also tried my husband's settings which still work although not the recommended ones. I have also changed my password to no avail. Webmail still works normally. What next? 

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 1 of 26

Excellent.

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 26

Thanks Ady my husband's second account is now working on Samsung email also. That fixes all our emails now. 

Judith

Message 3 of 26

Thanks Judilevi, I've added the second mailbox to the list for you. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 4 of 26

Is this because I left the . out between co and uk on the second address? I have now corrected it. 

Message 5 of 26

Thanks Ady the first one of my husband's is now working but not the second. I don't know what you mean by not on the database. This address is still working on apps.talktalk but not on the client. 

Judith

Message 6 of 26

Hi Judith, the first of the two extra emails you've added is ok and I've added it to the list the second one doesn't show up on the database.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 26

Thanks I have now done this. 

Judith

0 Likes

Message 8 of 26

Hi @Judilevi 

I've obscured your husband's email addresses in this public forum. Best to put them, suitably annotated, in your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes and select Save changes.

Private Message

Message 9 of 26

Thanks Ady it is now working.  

My husbands 2 accounts are not working however. obscured for customer security

Does he have to start a new trail himself in order to get them fixed? He was already using the correct settings for 5 days before the service was withdrawn. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 26

Hi Judilevi, I can see that your mailbox hasn't been restored yet. I've sent a chaser for you.

Ady

Message 11 of 26

Judilevi wrote:..first it takes many days to restore my account then his get blocked despite using correct settings.

Is your mailbox IMAP access now restored?

At the start of this topic, 5 days ago, your husband was still using insecure settings despite all previous notifications from TalkTalk. And then you copied those insecure settings.

Unfortunately it takes time to schedule these email notifications based on the user's continued use of insecure settings and just as much time to manually restore full access.

It's essential to your security that TalkTalk is removing IMAP access as a last resort action to stop the use of insecure mail. It's not part of normal service it's a personalised service. An expensive service taking time out just for you because your security is worth protecting.

Your husband will be able to use webmail to keep in touch over the weekend.

Private Message

Message 12 of 26

Well now my husband has had his accounts blocked despite using mail.talktalk.net/SLS/993 and smtp.talktalk.net/TLS/587 for nearly a week now. Accounts XXXXXX and XXXXXX . Can we get his accounts scheduled for unblocking as well? This seems a terrible service, first it takes many days to restore my account then his get blocked despite using correct settings.

EDIT: email addresses removed. Please do not display any information like this on the open forum pages. Add to your profile area: settings: Personal Information; Private Notes, at the end of that section. SAVE CHANGES. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 26

If the IMAP email account on the phone is still not back in action using the secure settings then it's likely not been restored yet. Therefore as there's unlikely to be any change over the weekend expect to have the mailbox restored early next week.

The TalkTalk Mail team inspect the connection logs and then arrange for email notifications to go out but that all takes time to set up. Your husbands mailbox may have been checked prior to him using secure settings.

Message 14 of 26

Hi Ady thanks for that. How long does it take? Still unable to use email client despite using following settings:

mail.talktalk.net/SSL/993

smtp.talktalk.net/TLS/587

Also my husband has been using these settings for some days now but yesterday he received a mail saying he would be cut off today!  

Judith

0 Likes

Message 15 of 26

Hi Judilevi, I've added your mailbox to the list to be restored to full function.

Ady

Message 16 of 26

Ady's been signed in to Community but not seen him online today. I therefore expect him to be online tomorrow. That's just an expectation not a promise.

Message 17 of 26

Hello no sign of Ady doing this yet, still can't re-establish my Samsung client account. 

Message 18 of 26

Ady will reply here the next time he's online. Thanks for updating your Community profile.

Message 19 of 26

Well they would be working because it's your mailbox only in your household that has had IMAP access withdrawn.

TalkTalk are removing access in batches for mailboxes that aren't compliant with secure settings. His mailboxes haven't had IMAP access withdrawn. Hopefully, now that his setup is using secure mail, so long as there are no other devices or services connecting to his mailboxes using insecure settings then he won't experience the issue of the email app not working because IMAP access was withdrawn as a last resort action to stop the use of insecure settings.

TalkTalk will restore access for you. But only when you update your Community profile to include your email address.

Judilevi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 26

My husband has just changed both his email addresses as advised to the servers above and both his accounts are still working