cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Tiscali not working on Android

Judilevi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

2 days ago my Samsung Email client on Android stopped working for my Tiscali email. My husband's Tiscali email also on Samsung continues to work normally. I have tried changing to recommended settings and also tried my husband's settings which still work although not the recommended ones. I have also changed my password to no avail. Webmail still works normally. What next? 

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Message 21 of 26

Hi Judilevi 

The Samsung Galaxy A21 is capable of secure mail using the email app 6.1.75 but, the email app will not authenticate until TalkTalk Support do restore IMAP access to the mailbox. A request for full access is in. TalkTalk Support will respond here to let you know that access for the email address in your Community profile Private notes will be restored. You haven't yet updated your Community profile.

In the meantime, use webmail via an up to date browser to keep in touch.

To clarify, the Samsung email app server settings are:

IMAP Incoming server: mail.talktalk.net

Security type: SSL

Port: 993

SMTP Outgoing server: smtp.talktalk.net

Security type: TLS

Port: 587

Require authentication to send emails: ON

If you access mail, other than via an up to date Internet browser, then all email software must support secure mail settings. Webmail is secure by design on an up to date browser. Some older devices and older email software is not capable of secure mail to the required standards. But you've not confirmed to me if any other devices do connect to your mailbox. Remember that any continued use of insecure settings will get the mailbox IMAP access withdrawn which is why the offer is here to check all the ways you or anyone authorised by you connect to the mailbox.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Judilevi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 22 of 26

I have just tried again to install on Samsung Email using: mail.talktalk.net, 993, SSL and smtp.talktalk.net, 587, TLS

When I try to save the account the message I get is : Couldn't verify account either username / password is incorrect or POP3/IMAP is not turned on for this account. 

0 Likes

Judilevi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 26

Thanks for replies. The phone is Galaxy A21S running Android V12 and the samsung email is version 6.1.75.0

If someone can confirm the recommended server settings I will install them and see if things are restored. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 26

TalkTalk will notify you in advance of TalkTalk Mail being limited to webmail only access if:

• You're not a TalkTalk Consumer home broadband customer or MailPlus subscriber
    Or the mailbox address is not added to an active customer MyAccount
  • Any device email software, email app, or mail collection service connects to your mailbox using insecure settings
    Secure mail connections to your mailbox must all be made using a minimum of TLS 1.2 encryption security and sign in using the email address and email password
  • There's continued use of out of date email software, operating system or legacy email settings
    We can advise on device and software compatibility and provide customer setup guides

Good to know webmail is working fine.

Please don't copy your husband's device settings if those are not the recommended secure settings. You can advise him to update his settings to avoid his mailbox IMAP access being withdrawn.

What model Samsung is it and what is the email version?  Are you accessing the mailbox via other methods other than webmail via an up to date browser?  Desktop, laptop, notebook, tablet, other 'phone or mail collection service?  All must use secure settings. I'd need device Operating system and email software version to offer compatibility guidance.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add your tiscali email address and account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Email settings and device setup guides for TalkTalk Mail

Setting up TalkTalk email on an Android device

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 25 of 26

Hi Judievi, we're blocking all customers not using secure settings. This is being done in blocks so not all are done at once. If you can confirm that you're using all new settings I can request that your account be restored to normal function. Until then you'll be restricted to webmail only. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.