cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to access email

Elliebank
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Hi, I am having trouble accessing my email on both my ipad and android phone, using a mail app. I have updated to the new settings however it keeps saying that the password is incorrect, despite me being able to login via webmail using the same password. I have updated my password also but this hasn't helped. I've only had this issue since talk talk updated the settings. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Elliebank, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ad

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

The password not being authenticated via the email app is simply because IMAP access to your mailbox has been switched off as an action of last resort to stop the use of insecure settings. 

Now that you've updated the settings I've asked that full access is restored for the mailbox email address that you must add to your Community profile, Personal information, Private notes. (Do check it's there or TalkTalk will not know which mailbox to switch back on)

TalkTalk Support will respond here and then restore IMAP4 / POP3 access as soon as reasonably possible. Until full access is switched back on, use TalkTalk Mail webmail via an up to date Internet browser to keep in touch with email contacts.

Are you confident that no help is necessary checking other services / devices / email software for compatibility with TLS 1.2 encryption and the incoming and outgoing server settings in use? Did you identify the insecure settings, for example? The culprit device or software that got a stop on sending or mailbox access switched off because ports 25 (SMTP) or 110 (POP) or 143 (IMAP) were used?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution