cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to recover Tiscali email account as recovery email address is wrong

Dave_359
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

Hi,
I hope someone can help me with a problem which has come up on my elderly mother's email address.

Her email address is o****b@tiscali.co.uk, has been in use for many years and it is still working.
Until very recently the password which is made up from 6 lower case letters worked without any problems. Now that password is no longer working - I assume that the recent upgrades now requires a longer, more secure password?

Unfortunately the recovery address needed to make a password change was originally entered with a typo - the recovery email address is showing as 1***t@toscali.co.uk, which should be 1***t@tiscali.co.uk.

Is it possible to amend the incorrect recovery address, so that I can regain access?

Thanks in advance

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Dave_359
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 21 of 23

Thanks for the reply.
My mum is 96, has dementia and lives permanently in a care home which complicates things. I look after her affairs via a Power of Attorney.

I will update the profile area as you suggest.
It would have been helpful if TalkTalk had sent a notice about passwords no longer working, before making changes.

Best regards,

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 22 of 23

Lots of security checks needed for addressing this  - better if she posts here in her own right, @Dave_359.

To get started, put your own personal information details in your profile area and add her name, address, landline number and account number in Private Notes, at the end of the Personal Information details. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings, drop down menu. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes