cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to recover email password

andypaff
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I can no longer access one of my email accounts via webmail or my email client. It stopped working on 18 December saying the password isn't recognised. I cannot reset the password as the recovery email address no longer exists. Twice I've been told this would be fixed by adding a new recovery email address. It hasn't been.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

andypaff
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

I've no idea what caused my issue but it was resolved by getting TT to change the password recovery email address in my account. The previous one was no longer in existence. TT also added my mobile phone number as a means of password recovery.

Obviously, such action requires certain security checks to establish the caller is genuine. My only complaint is that it's impossible to get to talk to someone in TT. In the chat it took several hours before the bot / agent was clear about what the issue was. The solution then took more than the 24 hours they said it would. This would have been so quick and easy to resolve in a phone call.

0 Likes

BevTalk62
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

Dad has exactly the same issue since 18/12. Customer service talked him through a password reset which almost immediately was not recognised and now has no access to emails. Many suggestions of creating a new alternative email address to ‘fix’ the issue, but considering the wider issue that is now ongoing and more widespread I am inclined to refuse to do this till the issue is fixed at the TT end.

0 Likes

andypaff
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

It now looks to have been fixed.😊

It certainly was 'a journey'. Many hours of phoning numbers that are always busy or messaging AI bots and chat agents that take ages to establish the issue and propose a solution. A simple phone call back would've taken just a few minutes.

Chivvy
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

My mum's Tiscali email and TalkTalk account are the same i.e. unable to login to webmail or her TalkTalk account since 18th Dec or thereabouts. Also says the password is incorrect when accessing via Thunderbird. She has had the same password for years. My Tiscali email addreses are all working ok (I have about 4 of them). Hope this gets fixed soon.

0 Likes