cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Email not delivering -correct credentials needed

BillM
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

I have not received or been able to send any emails on my Talktalk email account for a week since receiving the above notification.

My password is noted as invalid and I cannot reset. I have spoken to two customer services advisors who have both promised an SMS would be sent to allow resetting password by mobile - these have not been received.

My account has a note, dated Tuesday, that this is a common known fault and a reolution is urgently being worked on. When I call customer services the recorded message says my fault has been resolved. Please advise how and when this will be resolved.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi,

This was not being resolved until I called TT again today and, after another prolonged conversation with an Advisor who initially asked for my password (?) I asked for escalation and then spoke to a very helpful person. They could not understand why a password reset had not been performed, which we very quickly and simply did and the emails were restored.

I then found that despite being advised twice that SMS messages would be sent to my mobile the Advisors had actually sent me emails, which I obviously could not access.

All resolved now, but only due to persistence and not accepting standard responses that 'this is being worked on'.

Message 2 of 6

Hi BillM, if this to get the password reset issue fixed there's already an open incident for the issue. We're not raising individual fault tickets for the same issue. 

If you still want to raise a complaint you'll find the complaint process is detailed at the bottom of every TalkTalk webpage.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

I've escalated this to TalkTalk for you, but if it is down to the issue I highlighted, it is being dealt with.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

BillM
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Keith, Fault tracker is just continually spinning dots s ther a UK complainys number I can escale this to?

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

The problem about being unable to reset your password is covered in the Service Status Dashboard & is being worked on. Check there for more updates.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?