cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unable to send and receive emails

SGApple
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

Ever since Friday I have been unable to login to email using Apple Mail. I have checked and all my iMap settings are correct, as per your setup guides. Any ideas?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi SGApple, that mailbox has full access now. Please let us know if you still need help.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

SGApple
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

Hello Ady, I'm still not able to login in to my email using Apple or Outlook application. How long does it take for mailbox to be restored to full function?

Thanks

Message 3 of 9

Hi SGApple, I've added your mailbox to the list of those to be restored to full function.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

SGApple
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

All done, thanks

Message 5 of 9

The new MAC will not authenticate a connection until IMAP access is restored. I can see that Ady offered to get access restored. The new MAC on OS 13 and Outlook 365 both support secure mail as required by TalkTalk.

But if you have an older MAC and older Outlook product that you've not told us about then these may not support secure mail and if that's the case then continued use would result in the mailbox having access withdrawn again.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

SGApple
First Timer
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hello, thanks for the response. I don't believe I had a message. 
However, I have tried setting up TT emails on a new Mac, running OSv13 and I'm getting the same problem, using Apple Mail or Microsoft Outlook, both latest versions. 

Message 7 of 9

Hi SGApple, please add the affected email address to your community profile and I'll happily add it to the list for restoration.

Ady

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Hi SGApple 

If you got the message from TalkTalk advising "Our records show that you are still accessing your email using unencrypted email settings, because of this, from 17th February you will no longer be able to receive or send emails via this email app or software" then that means sometime in the previous two weeks TalkTalk had detected an insecure connection to the mailbox.

Have you only just / recently changed the Apple Mail settings? Or are you using an Apple device that cannot support secure mail to the required TLS 1.2 protocol? i.e. MacOS prior to 10.12 Sierra?

Or is there another mail collection service, desktop, laptop, notebook, tablet, phone etc that's collecting your emails using insecure settings?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution