cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Have lost talk talk email on Apple Mac

vglocke
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 8

Since Feb 17th I have not been able to access my talktalk email using the Mail app on my apple imac.

I have reconfigured the email settings as directed but it still says Unable to verify.  I have checked that the username and password are correct.

I have even had a IT technician look at it and it would appear that something needs resetting at TalkTalk's end.

Please could someone help or advise?

Thanks

Victor Locke
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi VL, your mailbox should be fully functional now please let me know if you still need my help.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 2 of 8

Hi @Ady-TalkTalk 

It has been well over 48 hours now and I still do not have imap access to my emails from my iMac (Ventura OS) using Mac Mail.

I have tried to remove the old account and reset it up in Mac Mail settings but it just returns an error 'unable   to verify account name or password.  I know the password is correct as it works on webmail.

Please could you help?

Regards

VL

Victor Locke

Message 3 of 8

Hi vglocke, I've added your mailbox to those to be restored to normal function. Please allow 48 hours for the change to complete.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

vglocke
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 8

Thanks.  I have updated my profile in readyness.

Victor Locke

Message 5 of 8

I'll request access is restored for you. The device is certainly capable of secure mail. I'll include a guide below so you can cross-check.

Just a heads up that there's likely to be a wait for access to be restored. You'll receive a response from TalkTalk right here.

Prepare for TalkTalk Support - include in the Community Profile (not in these public posts):

Account holder name, TalkTalk home 'phone number (if not Data Only broadband)

Alternative mobile contact number. Full address with postcode (in the Location box)

Scroll down to Private notes to add the email address and customer account number

Check and Save changes

Select here: Update your profile

The TalkTalk Mail Support Hub is your go to resource for information, guides and Community support for TalkTalk Consumer home broadband and MailPlus subscribers.

Select here:
TalkTalk Mail Support

TalkTalk Mail help

Setting up TalkTalk email on a Mac PC using Mac Mail

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 6 of 8

Mac version is 13.2.1 Ventura so all up to date.

How do I go about getting TalkTalk to restore device access??

Thanks

Victor Locke
0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

The notification from TalkTalk said that device access would be removed and therefore TalkTalk need to restore device access before the Apple Mail app will verify the password.

What is the MacOS software?  It must be OS 10.12 or newer to support secure mail to the required standard.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution