cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Unsupported web browser all of a sudden

Womad2000
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

I am posting here on behalf of my parents, everything has been working fine on their PC, they could access their webmail for talk talk via browser no worries...

Now when they try to open webmail it just comes up saying the browser is not supported...this is the same for chrome and Firefox. I updated their browsers to the latest versions as advised on the talktalk website and this changes nothing...it still doesn't work....any ideas what's happened here??? They can access via their phones still, but they need to be able to access on the pc to print things etc...so it is a problem.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

The Windows XP operating system is not secure. Firefox and Chrome have ended all support for Windows XP. 

I'm sorry to know that a new computer isn't being considered. But it was good to know they can still use their 'phones with TalkTalk Mail.

If they do wish to cancel MailPlus then call TalkTalk to cancel and they'll still have two years of free webmail access before the mailboxes are deleted. This will give ample time to migrate to a new email supplier if they no longer wish to pay the subscription for the TalkTalk Mail service.

Cancel TalkTalk MailPlus

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Womad2000
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

All well and good saying that...but they don't need an upgraded pc...they only use it for email and word processing. It was working fine up until recently, they pay money to keep this email service with talk talk even though they are no longer a customer in any other way with talk talk, why should they pay for a service they can't even access properly? 🙄 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

I asked you to provide the device operating system and you say it's Windows XP Service pack 3. The extended end of life date for this product was 8 Apr 2014. The XP Operating System product is not supported and considered insecure because it is highly vulnerable to malware. My advice is not to take this computer online.

Good to know their access via 'phones is good. Is their printer connected to the router via Wi-Fi or have a Direct Wi-Fi option? If so then it would be possible to print documents from a 'phone that's connected to the same Wi-Fi network as used by the printer.

Print from a mobile

Womad2000
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I have already tried re installing chrome and Firefox to newest versions and this does not work. 

Tried clearing the caches and cookies and history on both browsers, no luck.

The browsers both load all other pages, they can get onto the main talktalk website and log into their account, but as soon as they click on webmail it comes up saying unsupported browser, so seems to be a problem just with talk talk mail...

Their PC is windows xp 2002 sp3,

Amd athlon llx2 250 3.36 ghz , 3.25gb ram. 

Please help!!

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

On the iPhone the supported browser for TalkTalk Mail is Safari.  But just ignore the "unsupported" message as both Chrome and Firefox will work. The TalkTalk Mail vendor, Open Xchange (OX), tests and verifies Safari and the reason for the "unsupported" message is simply that OX do not fully test and validate other browsers for mobile devices.

I use both Firefox and Edge without any problem on an Android 'phone although the "supported" browser on Android is Chrome.

Supported Desktop browsers are Safari, Chrome, Edge and Firefox so long as the Operating System is supported and the browsers are either the current or previous version. It would therefore be unusual to see an "unsupported" message for a desktop browser.

If you're experiencing problems signing in to TalkTalk Mail webmail then let me know the device, operating system and browser.  For issues related to corrupted cookies or tracker blocking that's suppressing essential cookies it's best to do a full browser reset to clear the browser cache and cookies and offload any incompatible add-ons or browser extensions.  If they're signing in using a bookmarked address then update that to the current address. Button link below:

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter the full TalkTalk Mail email address, select Continue and enter the password, select Sign in.