cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SOME HELP?

We’re here 24/7. 365 days a year.
Ask questions. Find your answers. Connect.

High ping issue when connecting to NA Valorant servers

notgeo
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 1

Hey, so I made a ticket with Riot regarding this so I'll just paste that into here:

"Hi, my issue is that I'm having high ping when connecting to NA. I'm from the UK and my ping to my own servers are fine, however when trying to play with friends on NA, my ping is now locked at around 140ms. As you can see in the 1st screenshot, I used to get 90ms to East, which geographically is the closest to me. Yet now for some reason it's saying US Central is my lowest ping.

I don't have a VPN installed so that's not the issue. I also just got done updating ALL my drivers (GPU, network, audio, literally everything) and it's still a solid 140ms.
I'm wired in via ethernet cable, and I have internet speeds of 1gig up/down so I know my connection isn't an issue either. I've tried ping tests on my browser and those are averaging 90-108ms to N. Virginia as well, so I'm assuming it's something on RIot's side but this has been a thing for maybe a week or so now (which is when I first noticed it after taking a hiatus of a couple months from the game) so I don't know if it might have been an issue for longer."

Their response to this was:

I suggest doing a clean boot before playing (avoid manually opening other apps apart from the game afterwards).

Important: After you click the 'Disable All' button, find 'vgc' and re-check that one.

■ If you're using WiFi, try switching to wired. In almost every case, using a wired connection is much better for the game, since the WiFi signal can go up and down, leading to connection issues all of the sudden. On the other hand, a cable will provide you with a more stable and reliable connection.

■ Let's disable the IPv6, since our game works better with IPv4:
• Go to Settings ➪ Network & internet ➪ Advanced network settings ➪ More network adapter options
• Right click on your current network adapter and select Properties
• Uncheck the box for "Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" and click Ok

■ Switching to a public DNS may help with the issue you are experiencing:
• Go to Settings ➪ Network & internet ➪ Click on the network connection for which you want to change the DNS (you can do it both with Wi-Fi and Ethernet) ➪ Hardware Properties ➪ DNS Server Assignment
• Click "Edit" ➪ Select "Manual" then switch on IPv4
• Below the IPv4 headings, you should try both the Google (Preferred DNS: 8.8.8.8 | Alternate DNS: 8.8.4.4) and the Cloudflare DNS (Preferred DNS: 1.1.1.1 | Alternate DNS: 1.0.0.1) - test it in the game, and if one of them doesn't work, check the other as well!

■ Let's make sure the Teredo Tunneling interface is disabled because it might cause connection problems such as yours:
• Open Start Menu
• Type cmd and run it with administrator permissions
• Type the following command: netsh interface teredo set state disabled

■ Follow this tutorial in order to release/renew your IP, and flush the DNS.

■ Try to check if your network adapter drivers are up to date (follow the steps from here to see how).

■ Let's go through a power cycle of your router and modem. Pull out the power cable from both devices (or one if you're using a router/modem combo device), wait at least 30 seconds, and then plug them back in. 

I've tried everything they've recommended and nothing has helped. I'm being told that my ping probably increased due to routing from my ISP (Talk Talk).

My question is, is there anything you guys can do to help?

Screenshot_2024-09-29_153606.pngScreenshot_2024-09-29_153609.pngScreenshot_2024-09-29_153607.pngScreenshot_2024-09-29_153608.png
0 Likes
0 REPLIES 0