cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Vacation Notice Not Working

walle1j
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 5 of 5

I have set up a new vacation notice in webmail which is active. 

The BIG problem is that it is not sending out an autoresponse to any new emails recieved. It used to work fine before talktalk changed their webmail.

Has anyone else had the same issues. I'm using a @Ukgateway.net email address, that is if it is relevant.  Thank you

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi walle1j, I've just got myself a test account for ukgateway. Once I've confirmed the issue I'll get this ticket raised to OX our platform supplier. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

A single auto-response back to a hotmail address should work so if that's not happening then it's a new issue and would need to be investigated. I'll push a note to TalkTalk but it'll not be until next week that you get their initial response here.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

walle1j
Conversation Starter
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reply.  I'm very aware of the one autoresponse limit per day subject to the settings.  I have tested the autoresponse this with @pnnerassociation.co.uk , @hotmail.com, @Tiscali.co.uk as well as @Ukgateway.net emails.  None have recieved an autoresponse.  There is definitely an issue.  

Do we have any indication when it might be fixed?

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Hi walle1j 

I've just set up and tested the Vacation Notice on a migrated talktalk.net mailbox and it's working. One essential tip to remember is that if you are testing then bear in mind that only one auto response is sent back to each email address per day / per week depending on what your default setting is.

There is an issue under investigation for lineone mailboxes that aren't sending mail on to other TalkTalk Mail mailboxes. The UKGateway.net domain is in the same legacy family group and may therefore be impacted by the exact same issue.  You'll not be able to work around this issue but sending off-platform to any other non-TalkTalk email address should work.

So what I would recommend is to test for a single auto response by sending the UKGateway a mail message say from Gmail or Yahoo Mail and wait momentarily for the auto response to come in.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes