cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Webmail keeps kicking me out

td123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

This started this afternoon. Whereas I used to be able to log into my mailbox (https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite...........) in the morning and it would stay open in the background  and logged-in all day showing "new mail" notifications as they arrived now it kicks me out after about 15mins, forcing me to log back in. I was migrated to the new mailbox platform several weeks ago. 

Is this just me or is anyone having this issue?

Later edit - Same thing happening to my access to this community forum. But this time I get a pop-up window asking for my e.mail address then I get sent a 6 digit code to entry before I can log-in here.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

td123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

@Gondola 

Many thanks for the explanation,  and the heads up.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Just a heads up that there is TalkTalk Planned Maintenance on Sunday early morning, Sunday late evening and Monday early morning impacting MyAccount and TalkTalk Mail that implies the TalkTalk authentication servers and other systems will be worked on during the times stated. You can view on the  My Connection dashboard - scroll down to the service status reports page and Planned Maintenance.

Tip: if you need to use TalkTalk Mail webmail then sign in well before the maintenance times as past experience tells me that the authentication servers can be taken down early! 

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 9

It's only the customer MyAccount login and the Community login that use the same Single Sign On (SSO) process.

I can readily understand that because TalkTalk Mail does have links to the customer MyAccount and Community curated Help content that there is the illusion that the login to a TalkTalk Mail mailbox should have the same SSO. Particularly so because the TalkTalk Mail mailbox that is the MyAccount Username receives the 6 digit code to authenticate the login to Community.  It took me a while to get my head around how the SSO for Community should work.

All I can say is that your login to Community is working as expected.

You can stay signed in for a long time but every now and then you'll get a prompt to login again and will need to pick up the 6 digit code. Personally I sign out of Community each day and sign in when needed and pick up the 6 digit authentication code i.e. I got a notification of your post in TalkTalk Mail and signed in to Community to reply to your post! I hope my reply explains all and that there's nothing unusual to report. 

td123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

@Gondola 

Hi, All has been fine until a few minutes ago.  My mailbox access is fine but to open the Community Forum I was again diverted to a new page to input my e.mail address to which a 6 digit code was sent as a 2nd stage login.

Particularly frustrating as I was accessing the Forum via the "Help" button on my mail inbox - where I was of course already logged in to TalkTalk. So yes, it looks like I am having problems logging in here just so that I can tell you I am having problems logging in here! 🤣

0 Likes

td123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

@Gondola So far so good, a few moments ago I was able to login to both my mailbox and this forum without needing p/word or 6 digit code and hopefully that situation will remaian. I guess I will know in an hour or two if I am still logged in.

Thanks again -  have a good day

Message 6 of 9

For me, TalkTalk Mail stayed signed in overnight. My diagnosis is a transient authentication issue that was fixed behind the scenes. As this wasn't a service stopping issue, just a temporary inconvenience, it would not have triggered as a priority for flagging up on the Service Status dashboard.

But as one of our regular and trusted Community contributors do let us know if there are still issues for you.

td123
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

@Gondola  Yeah, that's the message I get too, so it sounds more like system problem than an issue solely with my account.  I checked the service status dashboard but no problems are flagged over there. Will see what tomorrow brings.

Thanks for your input. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

I'm being signed out of TalkTalk Mail and see a message saying my session has expired.

Either the TalkTalk authentication process or mail platform has issues or unannounced maintenance.