email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why have the emails I deleted from trash today returned?

Rochelle
Insightful One
Message 4 of 4

Why have the emails I deleted from trash today returned? Have just tried again and got a pop up telling me that the server did not react to the IMAP command or words to that effect!!!! Am trying yet again deleting a few pages at a time rather than 2 month's worth. I like to just just keep 1 month's emails. I am now getting a message saying that the IMAP  server has closed the connection and this is as well as the password pop up every few seconds!!

What is going on? I now have 3 separate posts going with problems with my emails. 

It is bad enough that all the notifications from this Forum go straight into my Trash folder!!! I suppose I am lucky I have found out where to access them!!

I am spending far too much of my valuable time trying to sort out Talktalk problems!!

3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi Rochelle, I was told that we were resetting the servers on Friday night. Please let me know if you're still having the same problems. 

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Ady, Others with the same problems have tried your tips and say they have made no difference.

The emails I deleted a page at a time yesterday have stayed away. I usually am able to delete the whole month together by clicking the bottom email and clciking the shift key at the place I want to stop which highlights the lot in Outlook. (I delete the previous month's emails at the begnning of the month)

Am still getting the IMAP connection and the password pop ups that others are getting which we all know is up to TalkTalk - not the email clients.

When this is sorted I will phone TalkTalk and let them know how long it has taken and the problems it has caused me . I can't type anything on my laptop when a pop up appears - sometimes I cancel it and it reappears back immediately - its no joke as i can't work!!

Rochelle

0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi Rochelle, I reply each time you post. Have you tried any of the tips I've provided on managing your mail with email clients?

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes