cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

Wife's email not working via iPhone / mail plus

Tud7777
Team Player
Private Message
Private Message

Message 30 of 30

This is exactly the same issue I am going thru’ with TalkTalk but I’m not getting anywhere after several telephone calls and chat sessions probably totalling over 12hrs of my valuable time! The only difference is that I already had the mail plus account in place and has been in place for several years now. The problem came to light on or around the 27th Jan after my wife received an email from TalkTalk advising her to ensure she had the correct mail settings. Post this her mail failed to be passed onto her Ipad or IPhone. We ensured her mail settings were the same as mine but the problem still occurs, her Webmail still functions correctly. Like you I have read that I should still be able to have 5 email accounts under ‘Myaccount’ on TalkTalk and be able to logon as I have the mail plus account. No one at TalkTalk is owning this issue, each time I call or they call me (as I have raised a complaint now) I get a different Customer Services agent or a technician so I have to explain the issue and the whole history of my problem to them on each occasion. Problem still ongoing, next call from them due on 14th Feb, not feeling very confident about the outcome!

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

We do appreciate your time in letting us know. Thank you.

May have been a glitch on the iPad or if the type of email account that was there previously was a POP3 insecure account then deleting that and setting up an IMAP secure account is exactly the way to go.

Good to know she's back in control.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 30

Hi,

My wife's email is now working on her Iphone and Ipad, she had to delete the talktalk email account on the Ipad and re-setup before it would work on this device for some strange reason. Thanks for all your help.

Mervyn Jessop

Message 3 of 30

Thank you

Mervyn Jessop

Message 4 of 30

I'll ask Ady to check.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 30

Not sure you got my previous post but my wife’s email is still not working this morning

Mervyn Jessop

Message 6 of 30

Good morning, has the restore been completed? As my wife’s account is still not working!

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes

Message 7 of 30

Will do, thank you.

Tud

Mervyn Jessop

Message 8 of 30

Try tomorrow; the restore to full access is usually within 24 hours, often faster.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 30

Hi Ady,

Thanks, I will keep my eye on this post for notification when the restore has been completed.

Tud

Mervyn Jessop

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 30

Hi Tud7777, I've added your mailbox to the list of those to be restored to full function.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Message 11 of 30

Thank you for your clear and professional help. 

Mervyn Jessop

Message 12 of 30

Not working because TalkTalk have removed IMAP access as a last resort to stop insecure connections. When TalkTalk restore IMAP access next week, your wife will be back in action.

Message 13 of 30

I can confirm that the incoming mail server host is set to - mail.talktalk.net. Therefore with all the settings correct I cannot understand why it is not working.

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

The incoming server host name was not shown but if that is mail.talktalk.net then the settings are exactly as required for secure access.

If only those two devices, the iPad and iPhone connect to the mailbox as IMAP email accounts, when TalkTalk restore IMAP access next week, your wife will be back in action in the knowledge that her emails are secure.  An up to date Internet browser will also provide secure access to the mailbox if there are ever any issues.

Message 15 of 30

I have sent images from the iphone and ipad settings (iphone were the first uploads and ipad second). 

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

IMG_6488.jpg

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

IMG_3628.PNG

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

TalkTalk Support will respond here next week to restore full access to the affected email mailboxes.

Just to add that if the settings changes were made in October 2022 and the email from TalkTalk about continuing to use insecure settings came in January 2023 and the mailboxes were restricted to webmail only as of 27 January 2023 because of continued use of insecure settings then some device or mail collection service must have had access to the mailboxes using insecure settings. 

I cannot see what settings are in place nor what devices are connecting to the mailbox. The offer is here to double check the settings but I'll need to see screenshots of the incoming and outgoing server settings. If you choose to upload from the iPhone or iPad then image edit to obscure the first part of the email address and upload here using the Picture icon above this reply area.

Message 19 of 30

Any further info required?

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes

Message 20 of 30

How and where will I be notified when the restore of my wife's account has been completed - KarenJessop..................

Mervyn Jessop
0 Likes