cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

email

PandoraC
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

About a month ago I suddenly stopped being able to send and receive email from my  Tiscali account on my laptop, Windows 10,. No problem from iPhone and webmail. I did a bit of research on this site and  changed email settings from:

pop.tiscali.co.uk:110:0     to     imap.talktalk.net:993:1

smtp/tiscali.co.uk:25:0    to     smtp.talktalk.net:587:0 

I can now send emails and receive on other email accounts but unable to receive into my windows inbox. 

I have two accounts on the laptop Tiscali.co.uk and Outlook.com.  When composing an email my Tiscali address is greyed out but the outlook one isn't. Any ideas how I can get the emails into my inbox?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 2 of 7

Well done. The simplest fixes are always the best. And always the ones that trip us up!

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 3 of 7

Hi

I didn't fancy trying to reset then repair  just in case I had to reinstall the Mail app, so after checking everything again I found that in Manage account I had 'Focused' on for Outlook  changed that and put the correct settings in and I'm away! Many thanks 🙂

Message 4 of 7

I don't know for sure if a repair will work but as it keeps data intact you may try.

Windows icon > Settings > Apps > Installed apps > scroll to find Mail and Calendar in the list > select triple dots on the right > Advanced settings and scroll down to Reset > select Repair

Message 5 of 7

Hi Many thanks  for the advice. I've just tried to change the settings but when I go on to manage account and update the settings, Change mailbox sync settings  is greyed out and it won't work when I click on it and I can’t highlight it. I have tried from mail account 'Manage account' and also from the start menu. It’s weird because I have changed the settings before and it was  totally ok. Any suggestions?

Is this windows Mail?

PandoraC_1-1679521091884.jpeg

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

I'll assume this is Windows Mail on Windows 10 but please confirm.

Windows Mail was originally set up as a POP3 mail account. So, if you've just edited the settings you got it wrong because you cannot use the IMAP port with POP3 commands.  So. I'll show you what the Sync Options are for POP3 on Windows Mail.

Edit the Incoming server line as shown, using port 995 for POP3. It'll then work OK.

Windows Mail POP3 server settings for TalkTalk Mail