cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

not receiving tiscali.co.uk email

jasaDMJH
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

For about a week now have not been able to receive emails on my tiscali.co.uk address.

even by logging into TALTALK webmail. Nothing in the inbox. I can send but not receive.

I have the correct incoming server settings as per the TALKTALK website.

Incoming: mail.talktalk.net

SSL/TLS

POP3: 995

Becoming very irritating now. Can anyone help?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

OK, so you found an unrecognised filter rule and have deleted that and now webmail is working as expected.  Did you see any Auto forward or other Filter rules?  My recommendation is to delete all. Especially now that you know your password has been compromised.

So, you must first scan all your email devices to remove viruses, trojans or other malware that could have brought in password capturing software. Do this before changing and upgrading the mailbox password.

The Reset password now button in the help article  Changing your email password will take you to password reset and recovery. 

If you have set up password recovery options, in advance, that you recognise from the *****hints, then you can send your alternate email address a link or your mobile a 6-digit code to authorise a password reset.

Let me know when:

• You've deleted all Filter rules
  • Scanned all your email devices for any potential password capturing software
  • Changed and upgraded your email password

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 8

Interestingly there was an unrecognised filter on the account which I have now deleted.

I have done as you suggested and sent myself an email and also had an external email sent from another account which has now appeared.

It seems I need to change my password if unrecognised filters are appearing on my account.

Thank you for this information.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 8

Did you follow ALL the instructions?

Did you compose and send the same mailbox a message and did that get copied into the Sent objects folder but not arrive in the Inbox?

Did you then check for Filter rules? And read my explanation on why Filter rules could be diverting mail from your Inbox?

Message 4 of 8

I can login via webmail. Nothing appears in the inbox.

I can send messages but nothing is received.

Perhaps you can answer why this might be?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Webmail should be working. No point in just saying the suggestions have not resolved the issue.

The troubleshooting instructions need to be carried out fully to find out why webmail isn't working. If your mailbox isn't working as expected then there's nothing to be gained by trying this that or the other in any email client.  I can help you set up Windows Mail and Thunderbird with the correct settings after we get webmail working as expected.

Start with the basics and tell us what you find via the webmail login.

Message 6 of 8

Unfortunately none of these suggestions have resolved the issue.

I usually use windows mail application. I note that there may be a windows security update which may affect the settings.

I have also downloaded mozilla Thunderbird as that is a much easier application to use. Can you confirm the incoming and outgoing server/port/security settings for IMAP and POP3 mailboxes for tiscali.co.uk mail....

Also why is the webmail function not showing emails?

thanks

0 Likes

Gondola
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Prepare for TalkTalk Mail Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Check the  Inbox first and then check  Spam and  Trash folders for mail messages that may have been diverted from the Inbox. Bear in mind the spam and trash folders normally contain mail not older than 30 days.

Compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent objects folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• To check, select the Main Settings menu icon      triple line icon top right on the blue header
    (Mobile browser? use the desktop version)
  • Select Settings from the top of the menu
  • Select the inward facing arrowhead by Mail (or Email) in the left side panel
  • Select Filter Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the Dustbin icon    to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red    
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox because the option to Never delete from the server has not been set.

0 Likes