cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

phishing

JerryH2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 10

The email looks perfect. I don't have a cable connection.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

JerryH2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 10

I did check headers and source code first, comparing it with ones I knew were good, and it did seem to be OK.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

OK, either wait until Monday, or contact TalkTalk directly in the meantime.

0 Likes

JerryH2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 10

Thing is, I never click on URLs embedded in emails - I always go to the website first. But, logging in to Talktalk, I could find no reference in my account or anywhere to any broadband upgrades, which made me think it is a scam.

Still could be, I suppose. In which case I'm doomed.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

I don't know what you mean there? Any email from TalkTalk should end with .talktalk.co.uk e.g. info@customer-service.talktalk.co.uk.

JerryH2
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 10

Thanks for your replies. It was the "c-e.io" address on the buttons that threw me. Turns out, click goes to a "forms.c-e.io" URL, which is legit. I assume.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

No worries, yeah, it's attached in a Word doc rather than an image.

Message 7 of 10

Thanks @ferguson there was no image when I replied but I can now see it 

Strange.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 10

@JerryH2 

You may not have "cable" as you say, but that email looks to be offering exactly that i.e. a Full Fibre connection. They are offering such upgrades to certain customers. Check the email header, but don't click any links if you are unsure. Contact TalkTalk directly if you want to query it further:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

It would be helpful to know what the email says if you are looking for advice.

If you are suspicious don't click on any links but if you don't have cable and it's a mail about anything other than an upgrade, it's probably a scam mail.

Hover over the sender's details to check their email address. If that doesn't look right then delete and ignore.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes