cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

receiving mail

rmw1hga
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 3

Can anyone suggest why (if my router, connection, etc are all working fine and I am able to receive emails no problem), I am unable to send any?

Messages say SENT, but they dont arrive.

If I try sending myself an email, it doesnt arrive either.

What's going on?

Any ideas please anyone?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 3

So, is your TalkTalk Mail mailbox working as expected for send and receive?  i.e your self-send mail goes without any send error and arrives in and stays in the Inbox? Do you still need help sending by any other method?

You say mail is sent without error to other users. Have those users checked their spam folders? Some mail services have new anti-spam policies that will dump mail into spam without checking if that mail is fully authenticated. All TalkTalk Mail is sent fully authenticated.

I appreciate your time to let me know. Thank you.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

For TalkTalk Support include in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number.
    Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

Select here: Sign in to TalkTalk Mail

Enter your email address and password, select Sign in.

Self test your mailbox to check its working as expected. Select the New email button to compose and self-send the same mailbox a mail message. Check that the message sends without error, is copied into the Sent folder and arrives and stays in the Inbox.

Mail not reaching the Inbox could mean there's a Filter rule, including an Auto forward which is a special filter rule, that's diverting, discarding or blocking mail.

• Select the Main settings menu cog icon      top right on the blue header
  • Select All settings
  • Select Mail and scroll down to Rules
    Select the chevron icon > to see all defined Rules
    If there's no rule defined, that's perfect
  • To delete a Filter rule including any Auto forward
    select the X icon to the right of the rule
    The icon background will turn red  X
  • To confirm you really want to delete this Filter rule
    Select the blue Delete button

Let us know of any error message, or if mail did not arrive in the Inbox or disappeared from the Inbox. Collecting mail messages with a POP3 mail account or mail collection service, like Gmail, may be deleting messages from the online Inbox.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes