cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

email support

Ask us about your TalkTalk email account and Webmail.

retention of emails

Wedge19
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Ady,

I am sorry to raise this as a new issue but I could noy find an option since yours to me are 'no reply'.I cannot be explaining myself very well so I am trying to do better here.

The problem I am having has no connection with Thunderbird. It is isolated within TT web mail.

Web mail receives all my inward mail and this is automatically sent onward to Thunderbird. 

I use Thunderbird purely to read and otherwise dispose of my inward mail. I do not personally delete any emails from webmail. I use Thunderbird to send emails via TT webmail.

I have been with Talktalk for over 20 years during which time I have had little problem. Until more recently all my inward emails were saved in my TT inbox for all time as a backup. There is or used to be options for auto deletion once read or to save emails until otherwise manually deleted. As I said I do not delete from my inbox with you unless asked to do so by TT because the number of items have grown too large.

I receive 30/40 emails a day but I imagine you do not have access to my email account and they should all be there. What is showing is one email on 22/4/2023, one on 14/4/2024 and a few of the more recent. Clearly something is taking place automatically.

The reason I raise this is because of the importance, A few months ago I had a complete  computer failure causing an irretrievable position for much of the contents when my program for regular Cdisk copying had a glitch.

If you are still stumped perhaps one of your colleagues may recall.

I am really sorry to continue to press this as I am sure you will understand.

Thanks.

Wedge19/

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 4

@Wedge19, if you had a complete computer crash etc, Thunderbird will have set itself to its default settings, not your preferences. 

As Ady has been saying, that's where the settings need tweaking. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Ady-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 4

Ok so you've got Thunderbird setup incorrectly. Its Thunderbird collecting the mail from your mailbox. In Thunderbird you need to set it to leave a copy on the server

You can find out how on this site.

How to set Thunderbird to leave messages on server | GreenNet

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

@Wedge19

You should simply reply in the thread that you originally posted:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email/For-Ady-at-support-concerning-dropping-inward-emails-from-...

Always come back to the thread when you need to reply, and click on the simple blue arrow to reply.

20240802_170321.jpg

or: 

20240802_170732.jpg

.....should both work.

The emails you receive are for notification purposes only.

Staff will not be back on here before Monday now. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.