cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

1 device drops connection from Eero once a minute - all others fine

Vic_T
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 23

Hi there, 

I recently upgraded from Fibre 65 to Fibre 150 with 1 Eero. 

All my devices connect fine, although when my Windows 11 laptop connects to wi-fi for the first few hours it drops out roughly every 1.5 minutes (monitored using Net uptime monitor) - after a few hours it stabilises but is not perfect.

Can any one suggest a solution?

I have been onto support twice

1) the internet had stabled and they couldn't see an issue
2) when they looked at my Eero account - they said I had too many devices on it and needed to upgrade to full coverage. Which was never mentioned when I bought the service, that I might need to upgrade.

Here's the detail

- I live in a tiny cottage and it's just me using the internet

- i have 9 connected devices
1. laptop

2. phone

3. printer 

4, 5, 6. Google home mini's

7. Chromecast

8,9. Smart bulbs

All these are never likely to be used at the same time, but still connected.

I have 2 floors, with most devices downstairs, but one google home upstairs and downstairs

My laptop is bang next to the Eero.

All devices apart from my phone and the printer are connecting via 2.4 GHz - even though I've changed my laptop to 'prefer' 5 GHz 

I used the temporary feature to turn the 5Ghz to set-up my smart bulbs.

I'm currently using a wired connection to connect my laptop to the eero.

My previous set-up worked absolutely fine (before the upgrade). I'm so disappointed with the service. I feel like I've been misold the upgrade, 

I wonder if it's a laptop problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Vic 

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 23

Well done.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 2 of 23

Hi Vic,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Thanks

Michelle

Message 3 of 23

hello,

I'm back with an update!

Posted on the windows support forum, who directed me to install the latest drivers from Dell yadadada, change the preferred network to 5ghz, did all that again and still dipping out. 

They then asked me to hotspot from my phone, which worked - so they deduced it wasn't an issue with the Quallcomm driver and to contact my ISP - so back to square one.

In the meantime, my complaint to Talk Talk resulted in them sending me out another Eero.

I've set this up, upstairs with one device connected ( a google home).

what has happened now, is that my laptop internet connection is now 5ghz and with no connection issues. 

So essentially another eero has solved it, but I'm still perplexed why I wasn't told this to start off with at the point of upgrade. That simply 1 eero device isn't enough for 9 devices connected to it.

It's just very bizarre and feels like it's not very clear - what comes across as a bargain can end up being expensive.

So yes, I think (fingers crossed) - it's solved.

Vx

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 23

Yes, please do @Vic_T, I for one will be very interested to know. I don't suppose you could borrow a USB WiFi adapter & see if that does the same. It might then prove if the issue is with Windows or not.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

Morning,

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks for your help @KeithFrench 🙂

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Hi Keith, 

Thanks for this.

Can I leave this ticket open, whist I investigate with windows and dell,

Then report back if I have a helpful solution?

Thanks

V

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 23

Hi @Vic_T 

Looking into this further & comparing to my PC, the "Disconnected by driver" could also easily mean that Windows has disconnected the connection. However, a normal disconnect would be "Disconnected by user".

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 23

Raise a support case with Dell?

Keith

0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

Hi Keith, 

Qualcomm don't do driver updates unfortunately, they direct you to the manufacturer. 

I've been over to Dell and specifically updated my driver, then went ahead and updated them all https://www.dell.com/support/home/en-us/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5593-laptop/drivers

Still dropping out when it first gets connected.

Any more solutions up your sleeve?

Thanks

V

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 10 of 23

Thanks @Vic_T 

They are all the same, the driver is disconnecting the WiFi card. Perhaps there are more up-to-date drivers on the Qualcomm support site?

Keith

0 Likes

Private Message TalkTalk

Message 11 of 23

Hi Keith, 

Taken just now, laptop is currently online via a wired connection.

Big ta

V

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 23

Hi @Vic_T 

Please can you get me a fresh set of the netsh output? Thanks.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

Hi Keith, 

Big thanks for your reply, 

I downloaded what looked like the latest driver from Dell (2023) and installed this

I've also unticked the box you suggested. 

This AM it's still disconnecting though - any further suggestions?

Big thanks

V

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 23

Hi @Vic_T 

The problem is that your Qualcomm QCA9377 802.11ac Wireless Adapter is dropping the connection due to a problem with its driver. There is quite a bit on the internet with people having the same adapter & having similar problems. Is there a later driver on the Dell website (don't rely on Windows Update, the drivers there can be older)?

Just as a precaution, have you stopped Windows power management in Device Manager from disconnecting the adapter:-

Disable Power ManagementDisable Power Management

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 15 of 23

Thanks @Vic_T I have all of those now & have removed your zip file to protect your privacy. I'll look through them & get back to you.

Keith

0 Likes

Vic_T
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 16 of 23

Morning, 

Attached a few reports here, 

1. after a period of being plugged direct into the eero - and it being semi-ok

2. after a few minutes this morning of connecting to the internet for the first time, when it starts disconnecting

Hope you can see what you need from these!

Big ta

V

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 23

No problem.

Keith

0 Likes

Vic_T
Popular Poster
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 23

Big thanks Keith.

Will wait till this evening as working on the laptop today and run your suggestion.

Appreciate this - will report back soon!

V

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 23

Hi @Vic_T 

@Michelle-TalkTalk has asked me to help you with this problem.

I really do not see that this has anything to do with the number of devices you have at all. I think the starting place is to investigate what the laptop believes is the issue & take it from there.

Wait until about three hours after the disconnects have started, then within Windows, start the command prompt with administrator privilege. Now run this command:-

netsh wlan show wlanreport

Wait while this command compiles its output where it will create some files in the folder:-

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WlanReport

Please zip them up and attach them to this thread. As soon as I have them, I will delete them from your post to preserve your privacy. I would normally request that they be sent via a PM, but there is no file attachment facility.

From what I can see the log files created by an Eero are not available to the user at all, although there is a chance that may have changed, not having one myself, I do not know.

The information below is provided by TalkTalk, for confirmation please contact @Debbie-TalkTalk or@Michelle-TalkTalk.

KeithFrench is one of our valued Community Stars and can help with a range of issues related to wireless and networking. At times he may ask you to send him test results via a Private Message to help analyse/diagnose an issue. Although Keith does not work for TalkTalk, he very kindly shares his time and knowledge to help with others.

If you need further help or, if we need to take any details such as personal information about your account like phone numbers, account numbers etc. one of the TalkTalk team will jump in and help out.

Keith

0 Likes