cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

2.4ghz Devices on Eero

jsr22788
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi all,

I have look at other posts relating to this but can't find a solution.

I've set up my new Eero box today and have managed to connect most devices without issue, however I haven't been able to connect any 2.4ghz devices. When I temporarily disabled the 5ghz network within the app, I lose the SSID to connect to (and my 5ghz devices disconnect entirely). The 2.4ghz devices are mostly smart switches, sockets and lights, and also a Nest DoorBell and Robo Vacuum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this has driven me made this afternoon. 

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 9

Thanks for that, I will just speak to TalkTalk.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

We have one Eero, and it is an Eero 6 pro. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

You are welcome. Do you just have the one eero & is it an eero 6 or eero Pro 6?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

jsr22788
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 9

Hi Keith, thank you for your reply.

I've had some success obtained by moving the 2.4ghz devices closer to the Eero box and then moving the box to the other side of a storage unit, the difference of less than a metre. I can now connect, and the connection seems to stay when I put the devices back in their place. 

Thank you once again

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 9

Hi @jsr22788 

The 2.4GHz band could be suffering badly with WiFi interference, plus the location of your eero needs to be considered as well. Where is the router compared to these 2.4GHz band devices? If none of them will connect it might be that they require Legacy mode to be enabled within the eero app:-

1. Tap Settings on the bottom right of your screen

2. Now select Troubleshooting

3. Tap My device won't connect

4. Then choose My device can't detect Wi-Fi 6

5. Toggle Legacy Mode on

I can also help a lot with all WiFi interference issues, but let's first deal with everything else above.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

@KeithFrench any ideas?

Pausing the 5ghz band by its nature should only temporarily pause the devices @jsr22788 . Do you mean they lose connection and you then have to reconnect those devices when bring 5ghz back on line?

Hopefully Keith may be able to help otherwise it's wait until staff are back Monday.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

jsr22788
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

Thank you for replying. I've already done this and when I paused the 5ghz network within the app, I lose the SSID to connect to (and my 5ghz devices disconnect entirely).

0 Likes

fr8ys
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Open the app and go to settings / troubleshooting.

Then my devices won't connect.

Then there is help on 2.4 devices and the option to temporarily pause 5ghz.

I haven't done any further so give it a try and let us know how you get on.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes