cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

5 months of our broadband constantly dropping out

Carole70
Sightseer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 11

I've had a few online chats with very little success. I have to reboot my router several times a day. I bought an extender to see if that would help and it hasn't. The white light is always on the router yet my sky box is saying we don't have any Internet connection. Our phones and laptop also keep losing connection. I do tests regularly it'll say that there is a problem but then that it's been fixed. I'm at the end of my tether with this problem. I would like an engineer to come and check my master socket and the wires coming into my house but I've not had any success with this request. I have been with talk talk for years and not had connectivity problems like this before. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi @Carole70 

That's great news 🙂

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

Hello Debbie

Yes I have received the new router and touch wood are connection seems to be back to normal. Long may it continue 

Thank you 

Carole

Message 3 of 11
0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

Hi Carole70

Thank you 🙂

I will check in again with you next week to see how the connection is performing with the new router.

Debbie

Message 5 of 11

OK thanks and I will 

Thank you Debbie 

Message 6 of 11

Hi Carole70

No problem 🙂

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 11

That would be great, yes please Debbie.

Message 8 of 11

Hi Carole70

I think we should send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out.

Would you like me to arrange this?

0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

This is the problem, testing sometimes shows a fault and then it's fine!!! Ive done everything you guys have asked of me, but I'm having to reboot my router several times a day and before you say to turn it off for 20-30 mins I do that also.

No I haven't been offered another router for testing.

I've been told my router is fine although when I have no Internet my router is still shining the white light, it never flashes orange.  The only time it ever flashes is when I reboot it.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi Carole70

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line tests are clear - No faults detected.

Have we recently sent you a new router for testing?

0 Likes