cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband connection Dropping out

Jimpy2
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 30

Hi for the last 10 days my broadband (Fibre 65) has been terrible my speed has never been above 20mbs where my promise was it would never drop below 39 (It is usaly around 40) i have tried to chat, phone on more than one occassion but even "Sara" Bot is very busy and trying to speak to a human person is just imposible, the internet connection will at times switch off for upto 5 mins come back on for couple mins then off again impossible to do any work (Not Play) 

This again is very poor service on behalf of TT i have run there speed, connection tests only to be told i have a problem (Thats why i ran the tests) but nothing has been done. have TT updated the firmware on thier routers or is it outside work being carried on by "Openreach"   whatever i am paying for somthing i am NOT receiveing ie a decent Broad band connection 

Anyone out there who can help please ??

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 21 of 30

Hi Debbie,  The Router I have at the moment is a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub

Made by Sagecom 

version Fast F5364-3-T8

Hope this helps

Jimpy, Staffordshire

Message 22 of 30

Hi Jimpy2

Thanks for your reply.

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know once the new router is connected and I can run another line test.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 23 of 30

Hi Debbie could we try a Router First, as there is no pattern to the faults and thinking if it was a line fault it would not keep coming and going ????

Could be wrong !!

Jimpy, Staffordshire

Message 24 of 30

Hi Jimpy2

Thanks for your reply.

Would you like me to send a router for testing first or would you like me to arrange an Openreach engineer visit?

0 Likes

Message 25 of 30

Hi Debbie  I have done a full reset of the router even leaving it off for miniutes but problem still remains and speed is very slow

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes

Jimpy2
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 30

Hi Debbi,  Yes router is in main test socket and No i have not received a new router but do know that openreach are doing a lot of work in the area

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes

Message 27 of 30

Hi Jimpy2

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test and this has detected a potential fault. Is the router connected at the test socket at the moment?

Also have we sent you a new router recently for testing?

The next step following this will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property.

Thanks again.

0 Likes

Jimpy2
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 28 of 30

Hi Debbie Added Name & Number ect to my profile

Jimpy, Staffordshire

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 29 of 30

Hi Jimpy2

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes