cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Broadband connection Dropping out

Jimpy2
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 30

Hi for the last 10 days my broadband (Fibre 65) has been terrible my speed has never been above 20mbs where my promise was it would never drop below 39 (It is usaly around 40) i have tried to chat, phone on more than one occassion but even "Sara" Bot is very busy and trying to speak to a human person is just imposible, the internet connection will at times switch off for upto 5 mins come back on for couple mins then off again impossible to do any work (Not Play) 

This again is very poor service on behalf of TT i have run there speed, connection tests only to be told i have a problem (Thats why i ran the tests) but nothing has been done. have TT updated the firmware on thier routers or is it outside work being carried on by "Openreach"   whatever i am paying for somthing i am NOT receiveing ie a decent Broad band connection 

Anyone out there who can help please ??

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

Hi Jimpy2

Ahh you're welcome 🙂

I've just sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

I will speak to you again on Friday 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 30

Thanks Debbie for all the work you put in to sort out my problems.

Chek on Friday 

Jimpy, Staffordshire

Message 3 of 30

Hi Jim

I'm so glad to hear this. If the connection continue to remain stable then DLM should start to increase the speed again.

I will check in again with you on Friday to make sure everything is still working ok.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 30

Hi Debbie,  Open Reach have been this afternoon sorted out the  problem speeds are now 38-40 Down  4.5-6.0 Up, not quite the speeds i was getting 4-6 months ago but a lot,lot better than for the last few weeks and everything is running smoothly, with no drop outs on TV

Thank you so much for all your help in sorting the problem out for me.

Again Many, Many thanks.

Jim

Jimpy, Staffordshire

Message 5 of 30

Hi Jimpy2

That's great, thank you 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 30

Thanks Debbie have been notified by Open Reach appointment booked for tomorrow afternoon (Tuesday Jan 30)  “Fingers Crossed”   will keep you informed 

Jimpy, Staffordshire

Message 7 of 30

Hi Jimpy2

I have arranged the Openreach engineer visit for tomorrow 30/01 PM (1pm - 6pm)

Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 30

Hi Jimpy2

Thanks for your reply.

I will book the engineer visit now from tomorrow onwards and I will post back to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 30

Hi Debbie, if the engineer can't fix the problem from the Exchange/ Box then a engineer vist to the property sooner rather than later please,   AM or PM is OK but please advise at least 1 hour before vist.

The speed is now down to below 20 not the 40-45 I was getting 

Jimpy, Staffordshire

Message 10 of 30

Hi Jimpy2

I'm sorry for the delay.

The same fault has been detected on the line tests and Openreach are asking for us to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Please can you provide your availability AM and PM?

Can you also confirm potential Engineer charges

0 Likes

Jimpy2
Participant
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 30

Hi Debbie,  Last night (Friday 26) it was virtualy impossible trying to watch Netflix on TV the Internet connection was switching on and off all night (Light going off on router) changed the router back and just got the same results, i have been told that a lot of work is going on in the area new cables and connection work to do with the high speed Fibre installations, this ties in with when my problems started around 5-6 weeks ago !! 

We are now getting into a situation that i am paying for Netflix, Disney and Broadband and not getting what i have paid for as the TV catch up and all internet channels will not work. 

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes

Message 12 of 30

Hi Debbie  Yes Router arrived late yesterday afternoon ran speed tests last night and today results are not good Download Speed -: 20.6-22.5 Mbps (Normally around 40+)  Up Load Speed -: 0.72-0.73 Mbps (Normally 8-8.5) have carried out speed tests on 2 phones and 2 different pads all giving similar speeds have tried putting original Router back on and got the same results. 

Hope this helps 

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

Hi Jimpy2

Is the new router now connected? Once I've confirmed this then I will run another line test.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 14 of 30
0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

Hi Debbie,  Router has arrived will connect it tonight and update you as soon as I get some results

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Hi Jimpy2

Ahh I'm sorry for the delays.

I will check in with you tomorrow afternoon to see if it has arrived.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

Hi Debbie, Update,  Just had a  

message  off   "Yodel"  my parcel (Router) has been delayed and will be delivered sometime Friday Jan 26

Jimpy, Staffordshire
0 Likes

Message 18 of 30
0 Likes

Message 19 of 30

Thanks Debbie will try it soon as it arrives and give you the results

Jimpy, Staffordshire

Message 20 of 30

Hi Jimpy2

Thanks for confirming. If the same fault is still detected on the line tests with the new router then we will arrange the Openreach engineer visit for you.

Debbie

0 Likes