cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Digital Voice - replace Grandstream?

Smudge37
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Long standing TT customer upgraded to FF150 2 weeks ago. Eero and Digital Voice via Grandstream working fine.

Have old analogue handsets base station plugged into the Grandstream adapter.

Would like to hook up a digital base station direct into the Eero.

Anyone know if it's possible to obtain the SIP data to set up a base station and dispense with the Grandstream?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Good morning,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Michelle

Smudge37
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

Getting back on the caller id issue. Now received and set up the new Gigaset phones via the Grandstream adapter.

(had to return the Gigaset IP digital base station and source a simpler non-IP base compatible with the GS adapter).

As an aside, resetting the GS unit and checking my add-ons in my account did not make the old BT DECT phones accept caller id.

Please to report all sorted now, caller id working with at the more up to date Gigaset phones.

I had been hoping to replace the Grandstream adapter with my own digital base, which would have brought the full flexibility of VOIP like multiple simultaneous calls. Sadly TT are not able to release the SIP data to set up one's own base station.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

Morning,

Ok no problem and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Michelle

Smudge37
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Thanks Michelle,

I kinda guessed that would be the case after I tried to access the Grandstream data and found customer blocked from the guts of the adapter. Will source a more up to date DECT base station from Gigaset to plug into the Grandstream.

As an aside Caller Id is not working on my old analogue DECT, I'll wait until the Gigaset base arrives with new handsets to see if that works with Caller id, if not I'll raise a separate ticket.

Cheers for now

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Morning Smudge,

As far as I am aware this is not possible.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes