cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Talk Talk Deny Fredom Fibre

Ryles1
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

so in Aug 22 I was offered a free upgrade to FTTP as Talk Talk were installing locally though Freedom Fibre.  The paperwork I received confirmed this free upgraded and suggested I would be getting an introductory offer upon my renew date.   So a man turned up, drilled a hold  through my wall and into my living room and installed the FTTP modem.  Talk Talk sent me a new router, the line was fast and for a few months I actually had two internet connections!  Hurray! 

However to my surprise when renewal date came I just received the normal ADSL offers.  I called Talk Talk and they agreed FTTP was available in my area but they would need to send an engineer to install.  I suggested this wasn't required as I already had the equipment.  Anyway they insisted and soon an Openreach engineer turns up to drill another hole in my wall! I send him packing and Talk Talk are denying any knowledge of having any connection with Freedom Fibre.

on 3 separate calls with 3 different agents I've been told that Openreach are the only FTTP contractor in my area  and they have no idea who FF are but they are not allowed to touch the equipment. 

Anyway I sacked them off and went back to VM but it's almost renewal time again and Virgin are playing hardball with me so I'm back to having the same ridiculous conversations with Talk Talk. 

Has anybody else come across this bizarre situation? 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Hi Ryles1

Sorry for the problems you had with us previously. 

Just to clarify we work with Openreach, CityFibre and Freedom Fibre to supply Full Fibre services to our customers.

Regards.

0 Likes

Buzby
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 6

I had been on ADSL with TT, but switched providers in 2015. In 2021 when the FF/TT offer arrived, I returned to TT. Once the ONT and router were in the service started straight away. No paperwork arrived, no account details, nothing.

Initially I had a couple of questions, and the general response, repeatedly, was like this ...

I called FF, they said 'not our responsibility, call TT'.

I called TT, they said 'we don't know what you're on about, call FF'.

After a few calls like this I gave up !.

Fast forward to the end of the free period, TT send me account details, and start billing me.

However, I couldn't get any sense out of TT when I called, as apparently my 2015 account still existed in a dormant state, and that was the account TT referenced whenever I called them. This forced the 'front line' staff to follow the ADSL troubleshooting script. The 'dormant' TT account also gave big problems logging into MyAccount, and that still isn't working properly for me now.

You say you had ADSL with TT at the time of the switch. Have you now got two seperate TT accounts ?. That might be the problem.

The best support comes from the forum here, but even the staff members have struggled with this.

Cheers,

Buzby

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

well I had my traditional ADSL line through Talk Talk on POTS and now secondary line through FTTP.   Both services were live.  I initially switched to the fibre line until it started blocking certain apps on my Samsung TV then I turned it off. I was only paying for the ADSL line though and Talk Talk didn't have be recorded as having any other line so obviously something had got very mixed up there end. 

0 Likes

Buzby
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I feel your pain.

What area are you in ?.  I'm near Warrington, Cheshire, and got the FF/TT deal in 2021.

The deal was a real no-brainer, 500Mbs, first 12 months free, then a big discount for the next 18 months.

( Actually getting the fibre took a long time, because we ( the local residents ) objected to the telegraph poles they wanted to put up. All our telephones came in ducts when the houses were built in the 1960's. Telegraph poles are so 1860's !. )

The tech is as good as any ISP provided kit, but the co-ordination between FF and TT is abysmal. It's like nobody knows who the other is, nevermind what they do. In fact, I think my account problems are due to lack of comms between the two, ironic seeing as both claiming to be cutting edge comms companies.

I don't know what is going to happen at renewal time, so I can't offer you any advice, other than finding a good wall to bang your head against.

Cheers,

Buzby

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

@Ryles1 

OK, very odd, but this is the bit I particularly find confusing: "and for a few months I actually had two internet connections."

Could you expand on that maybe?

0 Likes