cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Dropouts

MelC1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 47 of 47

Hi,

Over the last couple of weeks I’ve been experiencing occasional brief broadband dropouts.  The Sagemcom router light flashes orange, but then restores itself about a minute later.

I ran a connection test via your website, and it identified a fault between my home and the exchange stating an engineer would investigate.  This was apparently fixed on 31st Oct but the issue remains.  I since ran another connection test, and it stated “Radio interference is impacting Broadband”.  However, I didn’t think household interference could affect the broadband signal to the router itself, but happy to be corrected.  Last two dropouts were 2nd Nov around 8pm, and 5th Nov 8am.

Just to confirm:

There’s been no change in my internal setup recently.

We just have the 1 telephone socket in the house.

I’ve tried with 2 different routers, associated cables and filters.

Connected to test socket (and always has been)

Dial tone on phone seems ok

Issue affects both wired and wireless networks.

Current measured speed is somewhat slower than the guaranteed minimum.

Any help you can give to resolve would be appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes
46 REPLIES 46

Message 41 of 47

Hi MelC1

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

MelC1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 42 of 47

Hi Debbie,

Yes please.  Is this Thursday or Friday possible ?

Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 43 of 47

Hi MelC1

Thanks for confirming this.

The next step will be an Openreach engineer visit to the property, would you like me to arrange this visit?

0 Likes

MelC1
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 44 of 47

Thanks Keith & Michelle.

I can confirm that the router is still connected to the test socket.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 45 of 47

Morning,

I've run a test on the line now which has detected a potential fault. Is the router still connected to the test socket behind the faceplate at the moment please?

Thanks

Michelle

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 47

Hi @MelC1 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?