cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Dropping WIFI connections - faulty port

Hajja
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

Dear Technical Support Team,

I was on the phone with your technician, who said the checks done on your side did not show any fault.
However, the problem still exists.
We have tried to avoid calling you because of the long wait time and chatting with the BOT and losing 20-30 minutes of my time.  Once someone calls back there are too many questions. 
Something is happening in the router which has been happening for a long time.  
We changed the wire; we called an engineer to check.  We got a new router which is Netgear to make the signal stronger to be accessible throughout the house.  
But the problem is still there ... the engineer advised that the portal is faulty.  

We asked to send the router back to TalkTalk - you don't have to send an engineer ... 

so tell us how to fix a faulty port.
Regards,
Aisha Kutz
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

I am totally confused by your post, please can you elaborate by answering these questions:-

1. What wire has been changed?
  2. Is this a Wi-Fi issue & is it fixed by the Netgear router?
  3. How are wired (Ethernet) connections?
  4. What portal are you talking about - this makes no sense at all?
  5. What port is faulty?
  6. Which make/model of TalkTalk router do you have?

I know you said that you don't like more questions, but if we are to be able to help you, we need to understand the problem.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes