cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Return of equipment

harvi
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi

I’ve  just received an email re: returning a previous router. The email is quite unclear about the item(s) to be sent  back, as it says ‘Wi-Fi router’ but then a list of other serial numbers. Can I just check which items to return, are the other serial numbers power supply etc 

thanks 

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

harvi
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

Thanks for your help Gondola, I’ll post back on here the s/ns of the routers when I’ve posted them.

Message 3 of 12

I'll ask TalkTalk Support to send you a couple of Returns Bags if you think that would be sufficient? The bags are quite big enough for two or three routers in one bag.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

I'll see if I can possibly help you identify the products from the serial numbers. You've had the HG633 super routers replaced by Huawei/Echolife Wi-Fi Hub Black's and those replaced by a Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub.

The three serial numbers beginning C4R8W I recognise from the HG633 Super Router products. There was one HG633 product that DHL didn't hand over to you so that would have gone back as a return that may not have been ticked off your list of HG633's.  

The serial number beginning N7 I recognise from the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub (bronze colour behind front holes). Presumably the most recent Wi-Fi Hub as that would have been sent to replace a faulty Huawei / Echolife DG8041 Wi-Fi Hub Black.

The long serial numbers I don't personally recognise but as you were sent as a replacement the Huawei / Echolife DG8041 Wi-Fi Hub Black (black colour behind front holes). I'm therefore assuming that the two remaining serial numbers from the 6 routers/hubs registered as being sent out to you are two Wi-Fi Hub Black products replaced by the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub. 

TalkTalk Support will check to help you and respond here next week.

All you can reasonably do is state here the serial numbers of the products being returned, take photos, put those products into a returns bag, arrange collection by or preferably take to a Post Office and get a proof of posting ticket that will give the weight of the products sent back. If there's any follow up requests then at least you've done your best for the recycling effort. TalkTalk Support here can put a note on your account in relation to the proof of posting ticket.

0 Likes

harvi
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 5 of 12

Forgot to say, I’ve not received any returns bags as yet 

0 Likes

harvi
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

IMG_4868.jpeg

 hi,

this is the list received of items to return.

I have the first 3 serial numbered items, ready to return. Two faulty Wi-Fi hubs and a faulty hg633.

I have definitely returned all the other routers I may have had. These were sent back in their talk talk packaging in bags provided and via tracked postage. Unfortunately any proof of postage I may have had has now gone, as we’re talking years ago; and at a time when there was no mention of any fines for not returning items so I didn’t realise it would become such an issue.

One s/n may relate to the router I never received (as noted by Gondola - thanks).

Where do I go from here? I don’t want to incur a fine. 

thanks

0 Likes

harvi
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 7 of 12

Thanks for looking into this for me. Like you say I need to check the serial numbers. There seems to have been so many router issues over the years necessitating replacements. I’ll post again when I know more 

thanks

Message 8 of 12

I can see in 2020 you had an HG633 and a replacement was sent that may have not reached you (the handover issue from DHL) and a further replacement may have been sent. Then you seem to have a DG8041W Wi-Fi Hub that went faulty and was replaced. So that may account for the collection of serial numbers on your account although not for any returns of those same routers by DHL or yourself. 

See if you can cross off the two router serial numbers from the list and if you do get a further reminder then post the serial numbers here and collectively we may be able to guide you to the products. TalkTalk could have given you a better description I feel. Maybe TalkTalk Support can see from your account which named products are being referred to and when they were despatched.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

No worries. When you're back just take photos of the labels and pop the routers in the same pre-paid returns bag and retain a proof of posting ticket from the Post Office as that will record the date of the return and the weight of the returned package.

0 Likes

harvi
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

I’m away at the moment, so can’t check. I know there are 2 routers to return, but there are 5 other serial numbers! I’ve definitely returned previous routers. Been with talk talk for 20 years, so unlikely to have records re: older returns. 

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 11 of 12

The serial number(s) are for routers and TV Boxes not for ancilliary equipment. Have you been able to match any of the serial numbers to the router(s) or TV boxes previously supplied to you? Serial numbers will be on the product labels in each case.

Your TalkTalk account will have a list of the equipment serial numbers of all supplied equipment that the system has listed as not returned. A description of "Wi-Fi router" I would expect to relate to a product like the Huawei HG633 or HG635 routers or to the DSL3782 router - if that helps you to identify what TalkTalk are expecting to see returned.

0 Likes