cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fiber 35 - no internet

MikeLMR
Team Player
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

The internet dropped out around 8pm last night. I have an aftermarket router and I can see a connection to the line and all the stats look healthy (SNR , attenuation etc. All indicate there is a line there) but we have no internet.

Getting the usual runaround with having to plug and unplug router and micro filters etc. But really just want the next level of tech support to take a look.

I am also currently not at home as I work remotely using the internet so I've had to come into the office for work instead 🙄

Have any of the network settings been changed that would have thrown my aftermarket router off? I'm fairly certain it's working as I mentioned above I can login as admin and check the settings and test the line etc. And all is well apart from the data not flowing

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hello,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

0 Likes

MikeLMR
Team Player
Private Message
Message 2 of 11

Hi,

Yes, it's all up and working as per normal again.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Good afternoon,

Just checking back in to make sure that the connection is still ok since your last post?

Thanks

Message 4 of 11

Hi,

Thanks for trying this and I'm glad to hear that the connection is now working. We'll check back in with you in 24hrs to make sure that the connection is still ok.

Thanks

MikeLMR
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 11

I've come back from work early. 

Tried the talktalk router and it connected ok but took a few minutes and the connection was very poor/slow.

I unplugged the standard router and tried my aftermarket one again and it is now working again with no changes this end. Again it was very slow at first but now the speed has picked back up to normal.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Morning,

The line test results are inconclusive. We would recommend testing with a different router just to rule this out as the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit if you've also tried connecting wired at the test socket.

Thanks

MikeLMR
Team Player
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

I can try it, but I'm in a catch 22 situation where I'm not at home as I need the internet to work so I can't try all of these physical changes I have to try as I'm not there.

I can factory reset my router but I doubt it will help as it all looks fine and is reporting sensible numbers for the line test statistics etc 

I guess I will have to wait until this evening to try these steps and hope I can resolve it otherwise I'm back to catch 22 tomorrow.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

Hi Mike

Would it be ok to try this TalkTalk router? 

Did you also try factory resetting your current router?

0 Likes

MikeLMR
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 11

My router is not in the test socket, we don't have one as I'm in a flat and the line comes into the garage and connects into our wiring there.

I do have a talktalk router and I haven't tried it yet,.but as I mentioned my router is showing it can see a line so there is a reasonable connection.

I am currently not at home due to the lack of internet but I don't see that as a barrier to getting this resolved as I don't believe my equipment is at fault.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi Mike

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any line faults.

Is the router at the test socket at the moment? Do you have a TalkTalk router?

0 Likes