cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 35 Speeds Dropping

Eggbert
Team Player
Private Message
Message 26 of 26

Good Morning,

I started to have issues with my Fibre connection from the last week in May 2023 where my connection started to drop off and my download speeds dropped to 30Mbps, upload speed stayed at 9.0Mbps.

This started to get worse and by the 3rd June where my speeds were now Download 24Mbps upload had dropped to 5.41Mbps.

Since getting fibre in July 2021 I have always had a good connection around 36Mbps and 9.3Mbps.

I had a chat with TalkTalk on the 3rd June, and went through a line test having plugged my router into the test socket. I was advice to have new router sent out.

I have received this router and returned the old one. The new router is connected into the test socket, it has resolved the disconnections but my Connection speeds have not improved they are Download 22.6Mbps and Upload 3.23Mbps. It has been connected for over 10 days now with no speed improvement.

I have also tried my own router but this also runs at the same speed.

Would it possible for you check my line to see if there is a problem with it and try to solve why my speeds have slowed down over the last month.

Thank you for your help.

The TalkTalk router is still in the test socket.

Eggbert_0-1686994239733.png

0 Likes
25 REPLIES 25

Eggbert
Team Player
Private Message
Message 21 of 26

Hello

Thank you for quick response. There have been no issues with the voice service. I think it requires an engineer to visit. Can this be arranged for this Friday the 23rd?

Regards 

0 Likes

Message 22 of 26

Hello,

Thank you for confirming. I've re-run the line test again now which is still detecting the same fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line? If all testing has been completed at the test socket with 2 different routers then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

0 Likes

Eggbert
Team Player
Private Message
Message 23 of 26

Good morning

My router is plugged into the test socket with the micro filter ready for testing. 

Regards

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 24 of 26

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this and I will take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Just to confirm, does your main socket have a test socket please? If it does then would it be possible to connect the microfilter and router directly at the test socket so we can re-run the line test again please in this set up?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 26

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes