cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

Fibre 35 switched to TalkTalk Fibre 150.

Mkahd22
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I had Fibre 35 switched to TalkTalk Fibre 150.

Openreach engineer came but couldn't connect as there was a collapsed duct.

My old connection was working when the Openreach engineer left.

Stopped working around 530pm and has been off since.

In the meantime I need connection to the Internet for work, why has my old connection stopped working suddenly and why can I connect to my old connection 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Mkahd22,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

Message 2 of 5

Very mixed messages form support team.

Spent 4 hours on chat on Friday and then 2 hours on the phone on Saturday.

Was passes around and around to different departments.

I was told an engineer would be sent out on Tuesday [tomorrow]

Openreach tried to complete the installation of fibre 150 but couldn't because of a collapsed duct.

Was told by one person they couldn't connect the old copper fibre 35 connection back up as it wasn't that simple.

Next day someone said that connection could be sorted again in 3 to 5 business days.

The next day again someone said 24 hours and old connection could be switched on.

I have been without Internet all weekend and its caused major inconveniences due to needing it for work.

On Saturday they said an engineer would come I queried this as I was told they just need to switch on the old connection whilst they wait for Openreach to sort out the duct issue. I said about cancelling the engineer but they said it was for the fibre 150.

Been a confusing and frustrating experience 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. Did you manage to get in contact with our chat or telephony team or do you still need assistance with this?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

Talktalk would not normally keep the old installation in service unless you had copper leave behind. 

The system will have assumed that the new service is running and working, @Mkahd22

Staff will not be back before Monday. You really need to contact Talktalk straight away: 03451 720088 today. 

Chat is available both days. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes