cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIbre Support

Get expert support with your Fibre connection.

How to connect Synology Router Via Talktalk Black hub

InventEd
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

I have purchased a synology RT2600 router to give me better parental control over all the devices in our house.  This requires all the devices IP addresses to be managed by the RT2600.  If I connect the RT2600 WAN port to one of the network connections on the talktalk router then all the wifi devices connected to the RT2600 show up fine but the devices wired to the RT2600 are still haveing their IP addresses managed by the talk talk router and so dont show up on the RT2600 - and hence I cant manage access to them.

What is the simplest way to change the settings on the talk talk router to allow these wired connections to be managed by the RT2600?

Any help greatly appreciated.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

That is correct, it is getting its IP addressing from the Synology router. When they were getting this from the TT hub, the only way that could be is if you connected them to the other Ethernet ports on there.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

thanks. connected my mac with ethernet to synology router and I get this on the mac. Is that what you meant or is it info from the synology that you need? 😀

Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 13.22.08.png
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

They are on totally different subnets, which is what you want.

On the TT hub, where the Synology router connects to one of its LAN (yellow) ports, the TT hub will allocate the Synlogy a WAN IP address, which I assume is your first screenshot 192.168.1.239. On the TT hub you can set that up to be a DHCP Reserved IP address, which will mean that if you disconnect the Synology at any time & reconnect it later, it will always have this same IP address.

If your Ethernet devices are connected to the Synology LAN ports & not the other ones on the TT Hub, then there is no real way that they can be allocated 192.168.1.X addresses, unless there was some serious bug in the Synology firmware, but I doubt if that is the case. With one of these devices, please can you tell me what they have been allocated in terms of IP addressing information:-

IP address

Subnet mask

Default gateway

DNS server.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

InventEd
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

this gives a bit more detail

Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 11.56.28.png
0 Likes

InventEd
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi,

Thanks for your help.  They are default at the moment. So I think they are both the same.  See the screen grabs attached (I think these are what you need?).  Can I change the TT one to a single fixed IP address?  I don't want it to do anything else except pass the internet to the Synology router.

Ed

Screenshot 2023-05-13 at 11.23.52.pngScreenshot 2023-05-13 at 11.23.16.png
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 7

Are the IP addresses of each router on different subnets? IT would help to know what addresses you have used, before being able to answer exactly.

Keith

0 Likes